News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Trashy MiniTaur

Started by pickdropper, September 27, 2013, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Quote from: hylandren on September 27, 2013, 03:13:48 PM
From the "Trashy MiniTaur" title of this thread, i halfway expected to see a very short minotaur who maybe drinks too much, cheats on his wife and can't stay employed!  ;D

If you substitute 'wife' with 'girlfriend', this describes my drummer to the last detail! Well, except the minotaur part, but he does have a questionable pedigree.....

Great build as usual, I keep being surprised at what you guys can fit in a 1590A! Serious question: don't you find using them a bit awkward, small as they are?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

pickdropper

Quote from: DutchMF on September 27, 2013, 05:23:19 PM
Quote from: hylandren on September 27, 2013, 03:13:48 PM
From the "Trashy MiniTaur" title of this thread, i halfway expected to see a very short minotaur who maybe drinks too much, cheats on his wife and can't stay employed!  ;D

If you substitute 'wife' with 'girlfriend', this describes my drummer to the last detail! Well, except the minotaur part, but he does have a questionable pedigree.....

Great build as usual, I keep being surprised at what you guys can fit in a 1590A! Serious question: don't you find using them a bit awkward, small as they are?

Paul

Actually, I don't them awkward if they are fixed to a pedalboard.  It's only when they are loose that they can get a bit funky.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jkokura

Quote from: pickdropper on September 27, 2013, 05:01:26 PM

Quote from: jkokura on September 27, 2013, 04:56:47 PM
Since I use my Jacket pocket (patent pending) my way is different than yours.

Currently licensing the left jacket pocket for less than whatever Dave is licensing the left pant pocket... PM for details.

Jacob

It's the same old story ; always getting undercut by Canadians.  The pricing isn't the problem, though.  The real issue is that Zamboni keys offer superior aging and they are difficult to find down here.

Don't fault me for being Canadian!

Also, I'm going to be offered real reliced enclosures that are chewed up by my pet beaver before being gnawed by my friends Polar Bear. Real igloo ice for no extra charge!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pickdropper

Quote from: jkokura on September 27, 2013, 07:39:05 PM

Currently licensing the left jacket pocket for less than whatever Dave is licensing the left pant pocket... PM for details.

Jacob

It's the same old story ; always getting undercut by Canadians.  The pricing isn't the problem, though.  The real issue is that Zamboni keys offer superior aging and they are difficult to find down here.

Don't fault me for being Canadian!

Also, I'm going to be offered real reliced enclosures that are chewed up by my pet beaver before being gnawed by my friends Polar Bear. Real igloo ice for no extra charge!

Jacob

I'm envisioning that somewhere in northern Canda, there is a beaver dam comprised entirely of Hammond enclosures.
Function f(x)

jkokura

Well, Hammond is a Canadian company...

Wait, that's a different Hammond.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

billstein

Jacob

It's the same old story ; always getting undercut by Canadians.

Suhweet! Pocket licensing price war. I think I'll just sit back and wait this one out. I have a feeling I'll be able to use all my pockets soon at a very reasonable cost.

alanp

Old New Zealand fifty cent coins give the best aging. Not the new ones, though, too small.

Nice work as always :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

billstein

Quote from: PhiloB on September 27, 2013, 04:40:12 PM
How many keys and which coins should I use;)
Great build!!  Love the enclosure.

All depends on what kind of sound you're looking for. If you want that old Marshal sound go with British pounds, if you're looking for more of a Fender vibe then American currency.

jimilee

Quote from: billstein on September 27, 2013, 11:15:25 PM

All depends on what kind of sound you're looking for. If you want that old Marshal sound go with British pounds, if you're looking for more of a Fender vibe then American currency.
the fender sound could be like the British sound, Leo sold the company statue his own, just like the euro, right? Stopped the old money and started all over again???
  Hey Dave, do you play in a band or just play with yourself???
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Quote from: jimilee on September 28, 2013, 12:27:44 AM

Quote from: billstein on September 27, 2013, 11:15:25 PM

the fender sound could be like the British sound, Leo sold the company statue his own, just like the euro, right? Stopped the old money and started all over again???
  Hey Dave, do you play in a band or just play with yourself???

In between.  I don't really have time to play in a band these days , but I do play with a few guys at work sometimes during lunch.  We have a detached building at work that has a bunch of instruments in it, so we go over and play when we can all align our schedules.  Occasionally my boss will join in and, once in a while, we even pull in our mailman (who is a session bassist and better than the rest of us).
Function f(x)