News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Suggestions for cooler indicator lights / LED Bezels - What you have done?

Started by Geosh, September 24, 2013, 09:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geosh

I have a couple builds I am working on and want to do something different with the LEDs than I have done in previously builds. I have seen some builds with some trick hidden leds behind graphics, and some with large colored lenses (some "steampunk" inspired builds) that looked really sweet.

So, if you have done anything cool post some pics of it!! Also, if you have any details on where you sourced bezels or lenses and how it all went together that would be cool to know as well.

jimilee

Quote from: Geosh on October 01, 2013, 02:58:42 AM
Anyone?
The hidden led is pretty simple, just don't cut out the hole over the led, I hot glue mine in underneath the graphic, and usually make the whole a little smaller than normal. Bezels come from Tayda and occasionally gpcb. LEDs for eyes is pretty simple too. Build reports is the bet place to see all,this. It's a lot to dig through, but there are some talented uses around here!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

There's always the transparent base with LED's, and the sound-to-light circuit.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Stomptown

These are my personal favorites. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but they look sharp!

They come in all sorts of colors. Here is the data sheet from mouser:
http://www.mouser.com/catalog/catalogusd/646/178.pdf

They are the CLB series (low profile) pictured in figure D. There are links in the doc for each lens color. Just click on the link if you want to order. FYI the ones shown in figure C are like those found on a Fulltone OCD. They are pretty cool too. Figures A and B are the 3mm version of those mentioned above...