News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbag problem

Started by Narsil, September 18, 2013, 07:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narsil

Hello,
This is my first post, so hello to everyone. Sorry for my English.

I have been trying to make this pedal sound properly, but I have had no luck yet. I started with the v3205 chips, then I tried the mods proposed by madbean. And now I have reversed all the changes and used 4x MN3008 and it seemed that this time could be the one.

It started sounding good but stopped. I have traced the signal until before C15. After C15 there is no signal. I do not know if maybe I have blown the MN3008s. I measured 16.5v from my power source.

I have no signal even with the chip removed. I do not know if this is normal or maybe is C15 the bad cap.

Thanks in advance,

handlefras

Did you play with the bias trimmers? It is quite easy to bias this up so badly that you receive no delay signal at all. I assume you are still getting clean signal when the pedal is engaged and the blend pot is set to minimum?

Narsil

Thanks for your answer.

Yes. I have tried with the bias trimmers and there is no signal at pin 7 of IC4.

The effect was working ok and I was finishing with the gain trimmers. And I don't know what I did that the delayed signal dissapeared and I could only listen the clean signal.