News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Some new minis

Started by juansolo, September 14, 2013, 04:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Mini Frank

Finally getting to the bottom of the secret stash of transistors. Another Fuzz Face for Matt, this time in small.

Baby Bender

Another little Bender on a Stomptown MkII board. This is Matt's also.

Splinter

A Rat built on Madbean's Runt. Cleggy didn't have a Rat, now he does.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Darkknigh_t

lovely graphics and fantastic builds great job :)

lincolnic

Did you sand down the tops of your LEDs to get them flush to the enclosure? That's really slick.

alanp

On a bit of a pedal binge, Juan?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Quote from: lincolnic on September 15, 2013, 04:07:52 AM
Did you sand down the tops of your LEDs to get them flush to the enclosure? That's really slick.

They're flat ended LEDs so no sanding necessary. Though they sit under the decal. They look like they're flush in the pics, but they're actually a little way underneath. The Bender one shows this best as it's set particularly deep so you can't even see it from that angle. The problem with getting them flush is that if you over tighten the stomp that they're connected to, it can push the decal up. In the case of the Bender the power jack on mine pushed against the board and pushed it a little, that's why I was extra cautious on this one.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pickdropper

Beautiful builds, all of them.

I snagged a bunch of flat top LEDs a while back.  I still haven't worked them into a build yet.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Thomas_H

Nice work!

Special fan of Bender here :-)
DIY-PCBs and projects:

lincolnic

Quote from: juansolo on September 15, 2013, 07:39:56 AM
They're flat ended LEDs so no sanding necessary. Though they sit under the decal. They look like they're flush in the pics, but they're actually a little way underneath. The Bender one shows this best as it's set particularly deep so you can't even see it from that angle. The problem with getting them flush is that if you over tighten the stomp that they're connected to, it can push the decal up. In the case of the Bender the power jack on mine pushed against the board and pushed it a little, that's why I was extra cautious on this one.

Ah, gotcha. I didn't stop to think that they were flat to begin with!