News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Let the weekend begin: what are ur pedal plans?

Started by Gledison, September 13, 2013, 01:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanCdn

Quote from: jkokura on September 23, 2014, 05:46:58 PM
Quote from: GermanCdn on September 17, 2014, 04:25:13 PM
I'm in the same boat as JS, so my building time has (mostly) been replaced by cycling time, cause I'm tired of being a fat bastard.

Me too. I'm down 15 pounds in a month. Dieting sucks majorly, but my wife is helping a lot.

Still have 30 to go, so maybe by Christmas I'll have to buy all new clothes.

Jacob

Nicely done.  I'm on track to be down 18 this month, but I still got another 80 to go after that.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jkokura

Keep with it brother!

Also of note, I'm planning a trip to Calgary for a conference in March.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

I'll (hopefully) be in the new house by then.   Book an extra day if you can, you can (probably) stay at our place for the extra night if needed (won't know til probably October as to when final date will be).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Willybomb

Was a productive Sunday pedalwise:

- Fixed the whine in my Boneyard, just found that the vol knob will whine if turned all the way up.  Shouldn't be an issue as I don't think it needs to go anywhere near that loud to get unity with the effect bypassed.

- fixed the pot placement of said Boneyard as I'd labeled the enclosure wrong, so the crunch and high gain had to be extended and holes switched.

- Tidied up the wiring inside Terminus, and secured the veros to the doublesided tape with hot glue.  Now you'll stick you bastards.  Found I'd grounded everything to everything else, except nothing was actually grounded to the power ground, so nothing worked until I fixed that...

- Wired the outboard hardware to a Haberdasher Deadringer etch and rocked it.  It's ok, will probably box it.  Maybe.  Still got a stack of other boards to box first.

stevie1556

Hopefully I'll finish up the laser build tonight, just need to do a few more wires, and it should be done. Not sure how to get the Z table working though, but I'll try sorting it another time. If the laser is working, I'll get it all calibrated, and my drilling templates all cut out. Hopefully I'll also have time to test out 2 Smoothie boards I've built up. But first, around 20 miles ish bike ride down by the river, really like it down there, but not sure how far I'll get as it was raining quite heavily yesterday and it makes the mud track near impossible to pass on places.

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

alanp

Need to go through my envelope follower / synth guitar interface, moog vcf, and mixer parts list and see what I need to order.

What is actually getting done is drinking a lot and listening to great youtube music.

The best kind of beer is the kind that comes in 1.5L bottles, is 7%, and you can't see more than a millimeter into it's obsidian interior.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

stevie1556

Get the laser cutter control panel designed and cut out, make the wiring a bit neater, find settings to cut acrylic and removing paint off enclosures without burn marks, watch the F1, celebrate tonight as I was supposed to get married today which would have been a massive mistake (she cheated so I had an easy way out), may as well celebrate tomorrow as well, and need to get a few pedals on eBay.

sturgeo

Get all my electronics and pedal related bits un-boxed since the move, handful of PCB's i need to verify if i get the time  :)

Luke51411

Gotta test a bunch of germanium trannies and some jfets. Hopefully get a couple circuits boxed as well!

teknoman2

I finally got the bonamassa FET driver on my hands.
I ve already post some photos on FSB.

http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22966

So I will spend all the weekend tracing it and hopefully make a board for this one.

Willybomb

Well, technically it's 12.30am sat morning, so I guess I've started my weekend by rocking a Gainster on vero... finding I'd missed a link.

stellablue

I need to box up a DSOTMfuzz (guitarpcb), and finish population a mudbunny pcb to green russian specs.

m-Kresol

after working 10-11h a day this week, I'll be in the lab as well tomorrow to finish up some stuff  :-\. But, on the plus side, I'll do some enclosure etching on the side for my sparklehorn and kingslayer builds.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Jeffedelic

I'm working on a Slow Loris right now. Last night I wired up all 4 pots, wired the cliping toggle switch and finished populating the board. Today I'm going to finish up the jacks and foot switch so I can start testing. Sadly my enclosure is shipping incredibly slow, it was an eBay steal from Hong Kong so it was expected. I might grab a predrilled one from pedal parts plus, because I don't want to wait two more weeks to get this thing in a box and I have a Wolfshirt and guitarpcb GBOF that'll need an enclosure soon.

Next up I'm going to begin my first multi effect project that I've been planning since I started building a few months ago. It's going to be a dirtbox with lots of clipping options, fuzz and OD PCBs from bean, order switching and possibly a toggled treble boosting circuit. What can I say I'm a sucker for knobs and toggle switches.