News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Let the weekend begin: what are ur pedal plans?

Started by Gledison, September 13, 2013, 01:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevie1556

Too much to do, too little time! It's my last full weekend off before I go back to work (summer season in my job is awful so I'm pleased to have had it all off). Got planned, big bike ride today and going out tonight, start wiring up my friends Vulcan bomber flight sim tomorrow (replacing hus current flight deck), big bike ride on Monday with a pub lunch with a friend. Between all this, want to get the laser cutter wired up and working (been procrastinating on it again) and the control panel designed and cut, reply to several threads and PMs, build up my SHO boards, drill and powder coat boxes and get the SHO boards installed with everything else, order more various boards from iTead, and I'm sure I've forgotten about 10 things I need to do.

aballen

Just did my first reflow and it worked great.  I'm going to do a batch next.

ThePastRecedes

Finish of my relay switching project and then start my tap tempo LFO code 8) hopefully I can PIF some PCBs when I'm finished.
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

slacker775

Finally started on my rub-a-dub deluxe.   Took a few minutes to troubleshoot my EMG install that has been sitting around mocking me for a few months and finally figured it out.   If you really pay attention to the diagrams, if you do a Les style wiring, you connect the pickups on different spots to the volume pots.  I kept racking my brain trying to figure out why they worked fine if I wired up just a single pickup with no switch.

Cortexturizer

Finally started to gather my thoughts around what I wanna build next.
I will probably do a 3 in 1 of sorts consisting of the TH Custom Dr. Phil, Hyperbolic from Rob, and lastly, the 1776 Bee Baa.

After that, the Harbinger One. I've been out of the hobby for some time and I wanna return victorious :D

Regarding the charge pump needed with the Harbinger and Phil doctor - I've read somewhere that it can deliver only 100mA right? I do have an 18V out from my power supply thats regulated and isolated and unused, but it is 100mA, exactly. Would that be enough for the Harbinger One? I've read the build doc but probably missed the current draw somehow sorry guys...
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

juansolo

Currently in Italy driving around various race tracks and realising how massively unfit I am.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

GermanCdn

I'm in the same boat as JS, so my building time has (mostly) been replaced by cycling time, cause I'm tired of being a fat bastard.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

juansolo

Generally speaking, I don't mind being a fat bastard. You can't be small and contain this much awesome... But 20 mins before I can barely hold my head straight through some of the faster corners and today (the day after) having many parts of my body aching that don't normaly, means that I really need more seat time in the car to build up the required muscles again.

The catch 22 being that the cost of that seat time is so prohibitive now that I've broached selling my half of the car to the co-owner... Sad, but necessary... :( It's no bloody good that when I do get to drive the thing, I can only for short periods.

Bah, 1st world probs ;)

aballen

Juan I've had the same problem in karts.  When I'm in shape I don't only feel better, I'm more competitive.  I've actually had people tell me that they know they will be able to pass once my head starts lean over cause I'm visibly tired.   I'm gonna get back in racing shape this year. 

aballen

This is my first year off.  I'm not complaining.  I've been focusing on my sons setup.

juansolo

aballen

Yeah, kind if blew my mind when I out the GPS on... 53mph going in to a sweeper.... Not bad for an 11 year old kid

jubal81

Etch party at my place ...

Ming's Ring Phasor
STM800
A whole new new of plates for a rebuild of the Bubba Fet

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Willybomb

Might rock and box a boneyard.  Might do a bit of re-wiring on the Terminus, tidy it up a bit.

jkokura

Quote from: GermanCdn on September 17, 2014, 04:25:13 PM
I'm in the same boat as JS, so my building time has (mostly) been replaced by cycling time, cause I'm tired of being a fat bastard.

Me too. I'm down 15 pounds in a month. Dieting sucks majorly, but my wife is helping a lot.

Still have 30 to go, so maybe by Christmas I'll have to buy all new clothes.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals