News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sharkfin parts question

Started by mrbridgewater, September 12, 2013, 11:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbridgewater

I'm thinking of taking on building a Sharkfin. I was looking at the parts list and had three questions. A lot of this has to do with shopping at one place and not multiple, so I don't get stuck with huge shipping fees, or there's the chance that I'll have the component at home.

What would be an acceptable replacement for a BAT46 diode? Smallbear has a BAT41.

What voltage should the caps be rated for?

Should I be using 1/2 or 1/8 watt resistors?

I'm sorry if I'm missing something on the build document but I'm not seeing it.

madbean

BAT41 diodes will work fine.
Voltage rating should be 25v.
You should use 1/4W resistors. You can use 1/8W but it is not necessary. Don't use 1/2W.

fendman

Quote from: mrbridgewater on September 12, 2013, 11:44:10 AM
I'm thinking of taking on building a Sharkfin. I was looking at the parts list and had three questions. A lot of this has to do with shopping at one place and not multiple, so I don't get stuck with huge shipping fees, or there's the chance that I'll have the component at home.

What would be an acceptable replacement for a BAT46 diode? Smallbear has a BAT41.

What voltage should the caps be rated for?

Should I be using 1/2 or 1/8 watt resistors?

I'm sorry if I'm missing something on the build document but I'm not seeing it.

Hi make sure you can get the 2MB potentiometer, I have struggled to get one and luckily got one on ebay all be it cost me more than I wanted to pay.
I am now seriously not taking on builds where components are really hard to get hold off,I wish everyone thought the same and then stupid prices would come down.
Just my 2p or in USA 2c
Cheers
Mike

mrbridgewater

Thanks for the answers to my questions. Kind of wish I understood how to figure this aspect of electronics out. I'm guessing I just need to continue studying. If l'm remembering correctly, a type B pot is linear. Smallbear carries them. They've been good, overall,  for parts that are difficult to source elsewhere.

jimilee

Quote from: mrbridgewater on September 13, 2013, 03:27:39 AM
Thanks for the answers to my questions. Kind of wish I understood how to figure this aspect of electronics out. I'm guessing I just need to continue studying. If l'm remembering correctly, a type B pot is linear. Smallbear carries them. They've been good, overall,  for parts that are difficult to source elsewhere.
I noticed smallbear had them also.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.