News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A couple of fuzz pedals

Started by soldersqueeze, September 06, 2013, 04:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

First up is a 4MS Noise Swash. For those of you who don't know what it does, I think the official spiel explains it best-
"breath-e the spectral noise layers of saturated soothingly blazing cymbals of pourring rushingwhiteness and sonics with guitarr or audiosonics creating devise
the musician produces atethered spectrums of sheering whiteness
...beyond thee traditionalle distortion|fuzz boxes
noise swash distortion plethorizes the gainationing of the sounnd to naturallieshatterr glasse and rumble the landes"

errr... yeah, pretty much that!

Next up is a very slightly modified Big Muff.

To the untrained eye, it appears to be a stock NYBMP, but closer inspection reveals it to now house a Fixd Fuzz Deluxe/ Wooly Mammoth mashup.
The only real giveaway is the blue LED I fitted  :D

midwayfair

Bret608

I would like to know more about the mashup you mentioned! Not that I'm necessarily capable of making it happen, but you never know...

billstein

Thanks for pointing out the blue LED on the BMP. I would have never noticed the mods. Very stealthy.   :)

Bret608

Wait, never mind, I get the mashup part now! The Wooly Mammoth is the GuitarPCB board that you could mount directly to a 3PDT if you wanted to, right?

Where did you find the Fix'd layout? Let me hop over to Tagboard and see what they got...

soldersqueeze

Quote from: Bret608 on September 06, 2013, 07:10:23 PM
Wait, never mind, I get the mashup part now! The Wooly Mammoth is the GuitarPCB board that you could mount directly to a 3PDT if you wanted to, right?

Where did you find the Fix'd layout? Let me hop over to Tagboard and see what they got...

Sorted :) The Mammoth is the GuitarPCB version for sure, and putting it after the fixd means that with the Mammoth on and all the fixd switches off, it acts like a Mastotron (Mammoth + resistor pot on input). Schweet.
The layout I used is the Tagboardfx one you'll have already found by now. It's legit, and sounds awesome.

Quote from: billstein on September 06, 2013, 06:58:26 PM
Thanks for pointing out the blue LED on the BMP. I would have never noticed the mods. Very stealthy.   :)

I figured only Kit Rae would have noticed the mods without prompting!

icecycle66

jkokura

Wins all most knobs/switches for simplest effect.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

Man that muff must have taken ages... very tidy.  50m of wire in there too by the looks ;)

gordo

Slightly modified.  Kinda like Heidi Klum is "kinda cute".
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

lincolnic

More knobs and switches automatically make a pedal better.

pickdropper

Those are both great.

Since you've obviously just *slightly* modified the muff, remember to post if you decide to fully mod it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper