News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sonic Enhancer now with audio

Started by jimilee, September 06, 2013, 03:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Her is a madbean bloviator etched by Phreek. Fantastic etch really easy and quick build. Basically it is a Sonic Maximizer, not cloned but enhanced to sound even better. I really love they way you can hide the LEDs using enviro, so I did it again. I chose a red led as this pedal is an on all the time pedal and I didn't want to be blinded by an awesome blue led. I debated as to wheather or not to even have a stomp, but erred on the side of caution. Anyway, check it out.

The audio clip doesn't do it just, you cant really hear the enhancements going on like when you're in front of the amp.
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jimi-lee-2/bloviator[/soundcloud]
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

billstein

Nice Jimi. I've built two of these, one for me and one for my wife that are waiting to get boxed.

Do you enviro just the top or the sides also?

spaceboss

Nice. You are a building machine!  8)

Wouldn't mind hearing what it does to bass/guitar when clicked on and off. Always been curious. (Not like I don't have a big enough pile of unfinished PCBs already. ;D )

Mike B.

Very tidy build as always. The finish looks great!

Did you have to tweak the upper and lower boost frequencies to make it more bass friendly, or does it sound good as is?

slimtriggers

I like the tie dye pcb  8)  How'd you do that?

jimilee

Quote from: billstein on September 06, 2013, 04:04:00 PM
Nice Jimi. I've built two of these, one for me and one for my wife that are waiting to get boxed.

Quote from: Mike B. on September 06, 2013, 04:08:08 PM
Very tidy build as always. The finish looks great!

Did you have to tweak the upper and lower boost frequencies to make it more bass friendly, or does it sound good as is?
I haven't really tweaked it. I am currently using a sonic maximizer and it seems pretty universal. Thus far I've only Tested it, i haven't hooked it up to my rig yet.
Quote from: slimtriggers on September 06, 2013, 04:09:23 PM
I like the tie dye pcb  8)  How'd you do that?
The person (Brian(phreek) over at BYOC) made it like that so I'm not too sure, looks like alcohol inks to me
Quote from: spaceboss on September 06, 2013, 04:04:23 PM
Nice. You are a building machine!  8)

Wouldn't mind hearing what it does to bass/guitar when clicked on and off. Always been curious. (Not like I don't have a big enough pile of unfinished PCBs already. ;D )

I'll get an audio demo up later today. Initially I diddn't make one because it's none too exciting, but it is an always on staple on my board.
Quote from: billstein on September 06, 2013, 04:04:00 PM

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Clayford

Glad to see you built it! Looks great too! Much better than mine, but that's getting a redo on the housing because I was no where near happy with it.

head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

pickdropper

Nice build, Jimi.  You've been in a groove lately.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

Quote from: pickdropper on September 07, 2013, 01:29:38 PM
Nice build, Jimi.  You've been in a groove lately.
Thank you! This was an easy one.

bigrigg

Nice build with the Envirotex.  I just started to "re finish" many of my old builds and it's looking good.  Will post some of them soon.  Really love my Bloviator build "the more better"  It's always on and I would never want to be without it now.  It really does sound like lifting a blanket off your amp.  Congrats.

jimilee

So I finally got to use this at rehearsal, sounds fantastic and I think my bbe was sucking my tone!!!