News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What can I build into a 1590BB with two knobs and two toggles?

Started by lincolnic, September 04, 2013, 04:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincolnic

So I have this 1590BB that I drilled for a WEM Project V before I finished building the circuit (on vero). Turns out with the size of some of the necessary caps, it won't fit into the box as I drilled it. I have a spare 1790 that I can use for the Project V, but I don't want to waste this 1590BB either. I figured you guys might have some good suggestions as to what I might put in there instead. What should I put into this empty enclosure?

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX

lincolnic

That's a really good suggestion, but unfortunately for me I'm not a fan of phasors. Got any other ideas?

Scruffie

Umm, a kraken envelope filter with just Range & Attack Knobs, make decay a 3-way toggle.

Pork Barrel Chorus with a vibrato switch and 3-way delay time toggle.
Works at Lectric-FX

brejna

Harbinger one with speed and intesity knobs, vin/mod and vibrato/chorus toggle.  You can put internal pot for volume.

GhostofJohnToad

If possible depending on the position of the toggles, redrill those holes for pots and then you have a whole world of 4 knob ideas.

rullywowr

Run off Grooves' Azabache. Just need one more hole.  I have an extra board if you want.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

jimilee

Get some smaller unnecessary caps? Or a dr boogie or a zero point spdx just make more holes.  :P
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lincolnic

Good suggestions, all...thanks! Still not sure what I want to do, but I appreciate all the thoughts!