News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Baja Tele Mods

Started by raulduke, September 02, 2013, 02:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

I've owned a Baja Tele for a while, which never really did it for me.

Due to me already owning a Tele that covers my traditional Tele needs (my Eternal Guitars Betty), and not being able to sell the Baja for a decent amount, I decided to have some fun with it and turn it into an Esquire-ish beast.

Fitted a new Lil'59 bridge humbucker, new bridge, new pickguard, 500K Tone and Vol pots... and this thing sings. Also cures my GAS for now for buying any more guitars  :D

I'm loving it at the moment. Simple.... but very effective  ;)

Darkknigh_t

I have the same tele :) nice mods btw. The guitar has a awesome neck but i dont like the bridge its pretty bad my strings tend to break at the bridge especially the g string. I love the neck pickup but the bridge is a bit iffy i dont know just not feeling a tele sound on the bridge :/

raulduke

Yeah I agree; thats why I fitted a new bridge and new bridge pickup  ;)

I can do without the neck pickup as well to be honest. I can kind of see why the Esquire is such a popular guitar; one pickup and no messin  :)

pickdropper

Esquires are great guitars.  A buddy of mine has a real one from the 50's and I like getting some hands on time with that one whenever possible.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Kipper4

I had my no name ebay Tele Baja modded. It just opens up new sonic possibiltys. I love it. Great for testing pedals too.