News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Coolest gig of my life!!!

Started by DutchMF, August 26, 2013, 06:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Last Friday I played at a private party with my band, and damn, that was the coolest gig I ever, ever did!!! It was all planned on very short notice, a surprise birthday party for a co-worker of our singer. The guy is a drummer himself, turned 65, and his son-in-law thought it was a good idea to invite us, as he really likes our music  ???
We get an adress, and when we show up, there is a boat waiting to take us to the 'venue'! 15 min later we're at a really small island, with this big barge in front of it where we're supposed to set up our gear! When we arrived, we were informed to give a signal when our last song starts, so they can set of the fireworks........  :o Small crowd, maybe 120 people, but playing on such a tiny island, with a very welcome reception, and fireworks (big time!!) during the last song? Gig of a lifetime!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

DutchMF

Quote from: jkokura on August 26, 2013, 06:08:02 PM
Rad! No vids or pics?

Jacob

Rad for sure! Pics and vids will be coming!!

jimilee

That's sweet! I wouldn't mind playing that kind of show for free. Where'd the power come from?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

DutchMF

Quote from: jimilee on August 26, 2013, 06:31:08 PM
That's sweet! I wouldn't mind playing that kind of show for free. Where'd the power come from?
It was for free... ;) Well, we got food, drinks, the backline was rented for us, and we had a great night, so who cares!! Power came from a couple of 4 kW generators, running on good old gasoline!!

Paul

jimilee

Quote from: DutchMF on August 26, 2013, 06:37:33 PM
Quote from: jimilee on August 26, 2013, 06:31:08 PM
It was for free... ;) Well, we got food, drinks, the backline was rented for us, and we had a great night, so who cares!! Power came from a couple of 4 kW generators, running on good old gasoline!!

Paul
what a great way to spend the day! I play for free all the time if they were all like that!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

DutchMF

For sure, bro!!! This is one of the reasons I play in a band in the first place!

TNblueshawk

Damn cool! Maybe some of the pub will get you some other paying gigs. I mean free is great and all but money ain't bad either  ;D
John

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

spaceboss

Your boat is waiting to take you to rock n' roll island...  8)

billstein

ch1naski

That's rad.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
one louder.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

DutchMF

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!