News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rubber Bullet - Madbean Zombii

Started by Guybrush, August 25, 2013, 12:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Finally found a free day to put together my Zombii that has been sitting on my desk for months.

The original idea was to cover it in silicone rubber (hence the name) but after lots of trial and error I discovered it's nigh on impossible to stick silicone to metal. Ha.

I made the cap substitutions recommended on the build doc and it sounds brilliant.  Loads of musical, useable sounds. The transistors are a GT309G and a AC125 for those that are interested in that stuff. Both from Chromesphere.  Cheers dude!

After finding out I had a broken 3pdt it fired up first time which was extra satisfying as it was a self etch circuit.

Guts. Not great but a massive improvement from my previous builds.

Etch:

wolfingsworth

That looks slick! Is that laser etched?

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Guybrush

Cheers guys.

The enclosure is just spray paint, t-shirt, transfer and Envirotex . Nothing quite as fancy as laser etching I'm afraid!

jprizz

That is one sharp looking pedal. Nice job.

lincolnic

richard_mcg

Stunning! The clear coat on the black kinda shimmers - awesome!   ;D

Bret608

Quote from: Guybrush on August 25, 2013, 04:38:34 PM
Cheers guys.

The enclosure is just spray paint, t-shirt, transfer and Envirotex . Nothing quite as fancy as laser etching I'm afraid!

I don't know man, this looks to me like you're taking things to the next level!

Can I ask what size enclosure you used? I've been thinking about building one of these but have wondered what would be a good layout. You seem to have a bit more room than I've seen on some of these, which I like.

Guybrush

Quote from: Bret608 on August 26, 2013, 02:10:39 PM
I don't know man, this looks to me like you're taking things to the next level!

Can I ask what size enclosure you used? I've been thinking about building one of these but have wondered what would be a good layout. You seem to have a bit more room than I've seen on some of these, which I like.

Cheers dude!

Enclosure is a 125b. As you can see my wiring leaves a lot to be desired so I like the extra room the 125b gives me. You can get it in a 1590b if you can keep things neat. No doubt midwayfair will get one into a matchbox but he's got magical powers  ;)