News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

IO Box

Started by pickdropper, August 24, 2013, 09:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

I am not sure this really belongs in the build reports section (feel free to move it mods), but I am posting because, now that I've built it, I wished I would've done it a few years ago.

It's basically a 5 input pass-through box for the big pedalboard in my office/lair/evil lab.  I have a 5-loop bypass switcher in there.  I've always found moving the wiring to and from the switcher to be a hassle.  This box breaks it out so that two of the loops are external to the board for testing builds as I put them together.  This will also be handy for testing smaller pedal boards as I put them together, plus it allows me a convenient place to input the guitar signal.  It still leaves me 3 loops for the rest of the board, which I can deal with for now.

There's nothing particularly impressive about the build, but I am digging the utility of it, so I thought I'd post it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

rullywowr

I think it looks great.  Very clean looking, useful, nice wiring and nice labeling.  Plus it makes your life easier...can't beat that!   ;D

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

richard_mcg

Amazing - it looks factory built, so clean - perfection!  ;D

lincolnic

I love how clean this looks.

rullywowr

At first, I was like "where is the internal wiring?"...I took a closer look and saw the neat solid wire job.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

jkokura

Smart on using the locking washers. I would hate for one of those to twist, just slightly, and ruin the connection. It would be wicked to try and trouble shoot that in a live situation.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pickdropper

Quote from: jkokura on August 26, 2013, 05:45:30 PM
Smart on using the locking washers. I would hate for one of those to twist, just slightly, and ruin the connection. It would be wicked to try and trouble shoot that in a live situation.

Jacob

Yeah, no kidding.  I usually avoid using direct wiring for the exact reason.  But since this is not ever destined to leave the house, I went for simplicity with this one.  Hopefully, between the locking washers and the solder connection between the ground tabs (plus a hooked wire in between) that it will be enough to hold everything together.

There is really nothing special about the build at all.  It's the application that I am excited about.  Having two external loops to my board will making testing new builds very convenient.  It will also allow me to patch in my mini boards to my main testing board conveniently.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

diablochris6

Looks great.  There is beauty in simplicity sometimes, and this box nails it. 
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

ncdb07

ncdb07
Daniel

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects