News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger Lamp Too Tall!

Started by Droogie, August 21, 2013, 02:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Droogie

I'm boxing up my Harbinger and the lamp is preventing the box from closing all the way—just by a tiny, tiny bit, but I'd hate to crack it. I thought of putting tape around the rim of the enclosure. Any other suggestions for tweaking the box? I guess worst case scenario is getting one of the shorter lamps.  Thanks in advance!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

kothoma

Quote from: Droogie on August 21, 2013, 02:29:47 PM
I'm boxing up my Harbinger and the lamp is preventing the box from closing all the way—just by a tiny, tiny bit, but I'd hate to crack it. I thought of putting tape around the rim of the enclosure. Any other suggestions for tweaking the box? I guess worst case scenario is getting one of the shorter lamps.  Thanks in advance!

Getting a shorter lamp should be the easiest solution. Worst case scenario is making a new enclosure...

What do you use for the lightshield? Could you shrink it?

Maybe you could thin the bottom plate a bit in that area, or make a hole and let the lightshield stick out?

GhostofJohnToad

a couple options.

1) Get some spacers(washers) between the enclosure and lid, in the corners where the screws go.
2) Take a dremel and slowly and carefully grind some material off the inside of the lid in the area around the lamp.  Whether this works depends on how much interference you have.

Droogie

Great suggestions. A little lid grinding would do it but I don't have a Dremel  :(; I think a bottom plate hole with some kind of (reflective) cover glued on may be in order (I went with LDRs standing facing lamp and no shield—not true to spec but still sounds fantastic!) Thanks for the ideas!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX