News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sharkfin. First enclosure etch.

Started by slimtriggers, August 19, 2013, 06:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimtriggers

I wish I'd posted this sooner, now it kinda looks like I ripped off Codtone's idea  :-[ 

Anyway.  First enclosure etch wasn't too bad.  I'll definitely be doing more of these in the future.  This was done with  photopaper toner transfer and ferric chloride.  Exactly the same process as etching a board.  I left it unfinished because I liked how it looked all grungy.

The circuit sounds pretty good.  I need more time to play around with it, though.  Still don't have the sample hold dialed in just right, either.

Vallhagen

Really tasty etch. Rough.

Goood work!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

spaceboss

That, in my estimation, is less than a hair shy of perfect. Fantastic job.  8)

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

hammerheadmusicman

I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

billstein

Whole think looks like some fossil they just dug up. Pure awesomeness.  :o

slimtriggers

Thanks guys!  Definitely one of the more ambitious wiring jobs I've done.  I'm so used to using the 1776 3PDT boards that I forgot how to do the standard Madbean switch wiring.  It didn't pass any signal when I first plugged it in, and when I opened it up I realized I'd forgotten to wire up the input jack  :-[

jprizz

Fantastic finish on this one, love the rustic look to it.

Guitarmageddon

Looks great!
I'd be very happy to pull-off text as clean as that. ;)
Got to be one of my all time favourite circuits too. I've built a few now, and no two ever sound the same.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

richard_mcg

pryde

jimilee

Quote from: slimtriggers on August 20, 2013, 01:11:04 AM
Thanks guys!  Definitely one of the more ambitious wiring jobs I've done.  I'm so used to using the 1776 3PDT boards that I forgot how to do the standard Madbean switch wiring.  It didn't pass any signal when I first plugged it in, and when I opened it up I realized I'd forgotten to wire up the input jack  :-[
aashahahahahahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one that pulls bonehead moves like this. I still forget to plug in the guitar when testing pedals.....still
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

lincolnic

davent

Now that's how etch's are meant to be... great design and execution! Very nicely done!
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?