News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New stuff, batch 1

Started by juansolo, August 16, 2013, 05:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

I've been away (see the other hobbies bit...), but now I'm back! To make a dent into the PCB mountain we've drilled, decaled and Envirotex'd 15 enclosures in the last week for me and Mr Clegg. So expect a few batches of build reports. This is number 1.

Bend Over

This almost ended up very NSFW as Ben Dover is a rather infamous film maker in the UK (do not google him at work!) and I so desperately wanted to use something related. However I could get nothing to fit so I've got a rather tasteful pic instead.

It's Grind Customs Bend Over. We've used a pair of BC208s in Q1&2 and a BC115 in Q3 from Matt's stash. All in Tone Bender sort of ranges. As that's what this is; a silicon Tone Bender, and an epic one it is too. Bloody brilliant in fact.

Korset

Another Grind Rotten Komp (Rothwell Lovesqueeze), for the lad that makes my amps. Continuing to expand his all Juansolo pedal board :) *smug*

Harbinger

Bean's Harbinger One Univibe. Marvellous! Some more stolen Malleus art. I love their stuff!

King Conan

Finally for this batch, a re-decal of a Madbean Chunk Chunk (Dr Boogey) for the Arnie obsessed Lew of BKP.

CROM!

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

midwayfair

I think we need a Light Shield Pr0n thread here. Everyone's is a little different.

Tremster

Just how many pedals do you finish per week? Incredible.
Also: nice.

richard_mcg

The riddle of steeeeeel!! Awesome!

icecycle66

Hey, that's some Hypnos 69 cover art. (Harbinger)

juansolo

Quote from: midwayfair on August 16, 2013, 05:10:36 PM
I think we need a Light Shield Pr0n thread here. Everyone's is a little different.

I don't know what that means... If you mean that's NSFW, then it's probably easier to consider anything I post NSFW.

Quote from: icecycle66 on August 16, 2013, 07:30:37 PM
Hey, that's some Hypnos 69 cover art. (Harbinger)

Yup, done by Malleus (aka Ufomammut). At least I'm pretty sure it's one of theirs. Very similar style if not!

EDIT: Yup: http://malleusdelic.wordpress.com/tag/hypnos-69/

Quote from: Tremster on August 16, 2013, 05:16:14 PM
Just how many pedals do you finish per week? Incredible.
Also: nice.

We tend to do them in batches. This one is however a biggy. It's a concerted effort to make a dent in the PCB mountain. 4 down, 11 to go...

hoodoo

Hot chicks, Psychedelia, Barbarians, Flawless as always, what's not to love here  :) I shouldn't speak for Jon, but i think he was referring to the different items people use for the light shield in the harbinger, and i was curious about what you used for this also? All the best, Matt.

alanp

You mean bondage pictures are not considered NSFW, John? ;)

As always, pretty dang nice. I always feel a bit guilty about my finishing technique (what there is of it) whenever I see a new build report thread from you and Cleggy  8)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Quote from: hoodoo on August 17, 2013, 12:46:24 AM
Hot chicks, Psychedelia, Barbarians, Flawless as always, what's not to love here  :) I shouldn't speak for Jon, but i think he was referring to the different items people use for the light shield in the harbinger, and i was curious about what you used for this also? All the best, Matt.

Ah! That makes sense. I saw the Pron and thought I'd overstepped the mark again ;) It happens :P

Cleggy made them and they're perfect. Will ask him what it's from. I thought it was an old 35mm film container cut down, but I think they were too small. Lined with shiny metal tape.

Quote from: alanp on August 17, 2013, 12:59:22 AM
You mean bondage pictures are not considered NSFW, John? ;)

That would certainly have been so mild not as to have even raised an eyebrow at my last work. ;) If it wasn't an animated gif of bouncing boobs, my boss wasn't in the slightest bit interested. If it was, he was, as long as you sent it to him so he could use it in Sametime conversations...

Quote from: alanp on August 17, 2013, 12:59:22 AMAs always, pretty dang nice. I always feel a bit guilty about my finishing technique (what there is of it) whenever I see a new build report thread from you and Cleggy  8)

I was talking with MrC about this yesterday. I really think we should do an end-to-end tutorial for that now. Our technique has evolved over the years and the stuff we're doing now is better than ever. Even found a new thing yesterday. A fairly heavy duty roller from eBay. Perfect for flattening on the decals.

Vallhagen

Creative and all pro as Always:)

I specially like the harbinger.

Cheers
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

jubal81

Spectacular!

I just sat and stared at your Harbinger. What a beauty!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on August 17, 2013, 02:49:17 PM
Spectacular!

I just sat and stared at your Harbinger. What a beauty!

This.  They all look great, but that Harbinger is really really nice.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Stomptown

Wow!  :o  As mentioned above, that Harbinger is just beautiful inside and out! Really good choice with the artwork!

pedalhealer

Quote from: juansolo on August 16, 2013, 05:03:27 PM
I've been away (see the other hobbies bit...), but now I'm back! To make a dent into the PCB mountain we've drilled, decaled and Envirotex'd 15 enclosures in the last week for me and Mr Clegg. So expect a few batches of build reports. This is number 1.

Bend Over

This almost ended up very NSFW as Ben Dover is a rather infamous film maker in the UK (do not google him at work!) and I so desperately wanted to use something related. However I could get nothing to fit so I've got a rather tasteful pic instead.

It's Grind Customs Bend Over. We've used a pair of BC208s in Q1&2 and a BC115 in Q3 from Matt's stash. All in Tone Bender sort of ranges. As that's what this is; a silicon Tone Bender, and an epic one it is too. Bloody brilliant in fact.

Korset

Another Grind Rotten Komp (Rothwell Lovesqueeze), for the lad that makes my amps. Continuing to expand his all Juansolo pedal board :) *smug*

Harbinger

Bean's Harbinger One Univibe. Marvellous! Some more stolen Malleus art. I love their stuff!

King Conan

Finally for this batch, a re-decal of a Madbean Chunk Chunk (Dr Boogey) for the Arnie obsessed Lew of BKP.

CROM!

Where can I to buy little yellow pF capacitors? I can't find at Digi-key... :(
www.pedalhealer.com
instagram: pedalhealer_dot_com

juansolo

They're likely from CPC/Farnell (Newark in the US).