News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What's a zvex fuzz face?

Started by jimilee, August 16, 2013, 03:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I could google it, but I like you guys more than I Iike google, the interwebz are scary.Anyway my guitar player that I built the Octavia for would like one.is it just a regular fuzz face?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Haberdasher

he's probably talking about a fuzz factory.  bean has a discontinued one called the zombii.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jkokura

Madbean used to have the Zombii project, which was the Fuzz Factory. I was planning on doing a short run (maybe 20 copies available) of manufactured PCBs made for a 125B sized enclosure upright, as opposed to the sideways way the Zombii used to run. You can either wait (or get me to fast track) for that board, or you can talk to Haberdasher about getting a Zombii board.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Haberdasher

There is also the pudgi if you don't like the sideways layout.  I have made a few of these for folks recently and the response seems to be favorable.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

midwayfair

RobA

:D I need an 8675309 op-amp now.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

DutchMF

I would like to stress the importance of the wire colors indicated in the schematic posted by Jon. Using different colored wires might result in unwanted noise, reduced gain, a space/time portal to open in an undesired location, or, your nuts will fall off!!

Gotta love Beavis!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

kothoma

And don't forget those tantalum resistors. It won't sound right.

jimilee

This stuff looks cool, what would a guitar player like that wants a fuzz factory, the ultimate?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

hammerheadmusicman

I'm just wondering what a 3 way companion switch does..
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

hoodoo

Those flux capacitors are hard to come by  ;)