News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy DX $, plus

Started by mrsmith, August 15, 2013, 08:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsmith

I've modded about 10 Boss pedals and built a handful of BYOC pedals, including the OD2 and their tremolo. I've also been soldering components for about 20 years. I'm confident about my building skills, I just haven't calibrated an analog delay, yet.

midwayfair

Quote from: mrsmith on August 16, 2013, 04:15:18 PM
I've modded about 10 Boss pedals and built a handful of BYOC pedals, including the OD2 and their tremolo. I've also been soldering components for about 20 years. I'm confident about my building skills, I just haven't calibrated an analog delay, yet.

LOL, okay, you'll be fine with the ZPSDX. I guess I saw the word newbie in an earlier post and ran with it. ;)

mrsmith

Yeah, I'm a newbie to the world of analog delay and procuring BBD chips, definitely. Thanks for all the support and input!

Haberdasher

fwiw i just built an abdx and it fired up on the first go.  it sounds incredible.
it was a hell of a build though.  you need to be super-deliberate.  measure every resistor to make sure it's the right value, etc, etc.  read through the build document about 4 times and take notes.  for instance not all the resistors and diodes that you'll need to do something different with have asterisks by them.  it's a tad convoluted tbh, and to me that's the "genius" part haha.
someone around here (maybe aballen) made a checksheet that was helpful.  hopefully he won't mind me re-posting it here.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtnklCWjdMa-dFZTZUw2YUlqV0NWMmxBY3hDSDR6YkE#gid=0
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS