News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Suggestion for the forum

Started by Gledison, August 12, 2013, 07:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

hey guys.
I don't know how hard to do could be but what do you think about having the possibility of comment in each topic reply, not quoting. like in a facebook kind of thing.. also thumbs up or down..
I don't know, sometimes I feel like commenting only on one comment and normally goes to the end of the list as a new reply..
just think would be cool!:P
Cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

ThePastRecedes

Not to be annoying but I hate how some forums you post reply underneath the original instead of quoting it. I find it harder to follow since all the posts are not chronological.  ;D
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

Ettore_M

Quote from: ThePastRecedes on August 12, 2013, 11:55:51 PM
Not to be annoying but I hate how some forums you post reply underneath the original instead of quoting it. I find it harder to follow since all the posts are not chronological.  ;D
+1. For this very reason.

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

jimilee

I feel the same way, too hard to follow. You have the ability to insert multiple quotes into one response though.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jkokura

Quote from: Gledison on August 12, 2013, 07:49:29 PM
also thumbs up or down..

If I were to want to see things like this implemented, I think it should only be thumbs up. In some forums, there is a 'thanks' system. However, it really turns into a status thing, and I don't think we need it. If you like something I post, or if you want to thank me, just replay and say that you like what I posted and/or say thank you. That's enough for me.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Ettore_M

Yes, a "thanks" button would be just fine, like FSB (I think?). It's a nice implemenation.

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

kothoma

I don't think SMF supports such features. It has a Karma concept, but I wouldn't recommend that.

I really like the posts to stay chronological and the quote system is fine for me.

But how about "Thumbs up" and "Thank you" smileys for all lazy bones tired of typing? ;D

raulduke

I would say stick with what it is.

Works great so why change it.

Turning this forum into a Facebook'alike would just be incredibly lame IMO.

Is it really that hard to write a few words for a reply  ;) ?

I also agree about the thanks button, take a look at FSB and it is like some status badge under each users name.... no thanks!

Cortexturizer

oh yeah? and what are electron doctor, super achiever, and those stars for? :PPP
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

kothoma

Quote from: Cortexturizer on August 13, 2013, 09:05:52 AM
oh yeah? and what are electron doctor, super achiever, and those stars for? :PPP

That's different. These mean nothing. Anybody can push her/his score with random posts...

Cortexturizer

I was joking, I find these labels incredibly cute  8)
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

kothoma

Quote from: Cortexturizer on August 13, 2013, 09:49:39 AM

I was quite aware of that, but every joke contains some truth ;)

jimilee

Quote from: kothoma on August 13, 2013, 10:36:05 AM
Quote from: Cortexturizer on August 13, 2013, 09:49:39 AM

I was quite aware of that, but every joke contains some truth ;)
Man, stompbox stars! am I right? who's with me?  ;D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Gledison

Hey guys , dont get me wrong. I didnt suggest the forum to become like facebook! Just things like thumb up, and the idea with thanks is cool too!
The forum is great indeed as it is, so our builds and we always want to improve something😜
Would be great to answer to ine comment and just follow that comment for example. Like a tree of comments...hmmm getting complex!😛
Anyways, what a hell i know!? Im a transistor exploder or something like that! 😜
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?