News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda - 16mm Solid shaft potentiometer...Finally!

Started by ibanezsr500, August 12, 2013, 01:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibanezsr500

Just noticed this on their website. I know they've had those little 9mm ones for a while now, but those are awkward to use, and these are only $0.50.

Now, more values please...

BuGG

Absolutely!     I've been wishing for these for a while now!    ;D

chromesphere

Is the main problem with knurled shaft knob wobble?  I havent noticed but then im not very observant :D
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

ibanezsr500

Yep, although I've never had a knob actually wobble side to side when use a knurled shaft. They just sit (and rotate) off-center.

chromesphere

Yeah thats pretty much it.  Its a bit annoying i guess.  Also noticed when your trying to set 4 dials (to 'min' or 'max' of the dial sweep) the grub screw tends to hi-jack that point when it enters a groove.

kothoma

Quote from: ibanezsr500 on August 12, 2013, 01:44:43 AM
Now, more values please...

Yeah! At the moment only linear taper ones: B5K, B10K, B50K, B100K, B500K. Pcb mount and solder lugs.

croquet hoop

Quote from: chromesphere on August 12, 2013, 06:44:21 AM
Yeah thats pretty much it.  Its a bit annoying i guess.  Also noticed when your trying to set 4 dials (to 'min' or 'max' of the dial sweep) the grub screw tends to hi-jack that point when it enters a groove.

I remember that someone gave a tip about that some time ago: just put some heatshrink on the shaft.

But it's nice to see that they're finally selling soild shaft pots.

Scruffie

Now if only they had 16mm right angle board mounted pots, could finally stop using smallbear for nearly everything.

But these might come in handy for a few things.
Works at Lectric-FX

jkokura

Quote from: Scruffie on August 12, 2013, 02:07:56 PM
Now if only they had 16mm right angle board mounted pots, could finally stop using smallbear for nearly everything.

Yeah. Pots and knobs are about the only thing keeping me from going with Tayda exclusively for parts. PPP is still my standard for enclosures. Mouser too for somethings, but if I could get right angle, and dual gang right angle Alpha pots in places other than Smallbear and Mammoth...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Govmnt_Lacky

Dear Tayda...

Please add more values to the 9mm solid shaft pots.

1KB would be nice  ;)

brejna

croquet hoop

They've began adding log 9mm pots not long ago, I guess we can expect them to keep adding values.

Don't hesitate to contact them directly to ask though, that can't hurt.

Govmnt_Lacky

Received a reply from Tayda yesterday...

They said they will be adding more solid shaft 9mm pot value at the end of the month!!!  ;D

chromesphere

Awesome!  Despite the fact i started the 'tayda quality' thread, dont get me wrong,  if it wasnt for them 9mm pots would STILL be out of reach for me.  $3.25 each at my local electronics shop and thats about the cheapest!