News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Double Flush Tremolo

Started by nzCdog, February 09, 2011, 07:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

This is my 3rd pedal now, and the first one I've completed to the 'Not going to pull it apart again in the near future' stage...  I tried waterslide decals and for the first time and 'baked' the paintjob in a mini oven with pleasing results. (Thats if you dont count the other enclosure which got... overcooked ::) )
Sounds really awesome, I highly recommend the build. :)

FuzzMonkey

Great job! Decals turned out great, are they inkjet?

nzCdog

Hey man thanks... Decals are laser printed :)

FuzzMonkey

Quote from: nzCdog on February 09, 2011, 08:02:19 AM
Hey man thanks... Decals are laser printed :)

Might have to get them a try. Where did you get them?

nzCdog

From a model shop... just asked for 'waterslide decal paper' and they knew what that meant.  It was $6 a sheet so I filled a whole page worth of pedal names and labels to print in one go... and I just used our basic laser printer at home

night-B

Awesome job for a 3rd build. Wish I can achieve such a high quality build...
Do you use a vector drawing software?

nzCdog

Wow thanks night-butterfly! No I wish... I used paper and a ruler with a pencil for the drill template, mapped by eye pretty much, and then the drill press at work.  The Decals are small and able to move around before they set too which makes for some leeway in the graphics dept  :)

night-B

I meant vector for your decal design...  Or maybe a beautiful font?

madbean

That is amazing work, esp. considering it is your 3rd build. Those fat wires are neat, too. Is that 20g?

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

nzCdog

Quote from: night-butterfly on February 09, 2011, 10:03:25 AM
I meant vector for your decal design...  Or maybe a beautiful font?
Just various fonts and GIMP.  The fonts were 'Velcro', 'Foo' and 'Impossibilium', just found them online somewhere for free :)

Quote from: madbean on February 09, 2011, 12:25:19 PM
That is amazing work, esp. considering it is your 3rd build. Those fat wires are neat, too. Is that 20g?
Thanks Madbean, these are great projects and really easy to follow pdfs, I've learned lots from this site and forum! ;D  The wire is a mix, the blue stuff is 13x0.12mm from a 25m roll I bought.  The red & black is slightly thicker, but I'm not sure of the gauges sorry

Quote from: gtr2 on February 09, 2011, 12:30:21 PM
nice job!   ;D
Woo! thanks  :D

FuzzMonkey

Quote from: nzCdog on February 09, 2011, 09:41:38 AM
From a model shop... just asked for 'waterslide decal paper' and they knew what that meant.  It was $6 a sheet so I filled a whole page worth of pedal names and labels to print in one go... and I just used our basic laser printer at home

Cool, thanks for the information.

chromesphere

Yeah, your decal is amazing.  I initally thought it was silk screened.

The graphics line up perfectly as well (something i ALWAYS have trouble with).  I love the different colored knobs too.

Great looking build man! Good job!
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

nzCdog

Hey chromesphere... they're pretty bright colors, the pedal makes me think of fruit salad actually. lol.
Thanks for your compliment  :D