News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DIY Solder Mask

Started by Gledison, August 08, 2013, 01:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Hello Mates!
Look, i couldnt find an old thread about this and decided to open a new one. (please be free to delete if its not interesting for the community). I think is more for noobs like me  :P
I´ve bought this solder mask on ebay to give it a try:

First, i brushed a very thin layer on the pre-tinned PCB

Here, you might get better results with a foam brush, or any technique u think that will give u a smooth coating.

Second: I inserted carefully the PCB in a polyethylene plastic bag (important here is to cover the PCB with a thin film of polyethylene or polpropylene, this doesnt stick to the paint after curing!!)

Third step: On the top of the plastic layer, attach your slide printed Pads mask (you can use a transparent glue)

4th step: Leave the PCB under the sunlight (yes, sunlight) for 10 to max 20 minutes) You can always check if its already hardened!´

5th Step: Remove the PCb carefully from the plastic bag (dont worry that it will not stick after cured).Than, rub the green surface with a cloth or paper embebed in pure isopropanol or terpentine, spirit, cachaca or tequila :P)

Here the final product. it doesnt look so perfect (its my first one) but im sure it can be almost perfect.

Take the DMM and test the conductivity between pads and check for conductivity on the tracks (if you find some, just add a little bit of the UV paint and leave under the sun for another 10 minutes.
Im quite excited with the final result. Epoxy resin protecs pretty good and is very hard.
i hope this will help someone!
Cheers, Gledison
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

Jean-Rock

Amazing post !! very interesting.
Jonny Rock the "French Canadian"

Affiliation : Jonny Rock Gear

http://www.jonnyrockgear.com

Gledison

Quote from: jonnyrockgear on August 10, 2013, 01:26:13 PM
Amazing post !! very interesting.

thanks mate. actually I was struggling with this and decided to post after getting good results with it!
let me know if u need some more info..
cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?