News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Enclosure question

Started by billstein, August 07, 2013, 04:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

Hi all. I'm looking for an enclosure that is just a bit bigger than the Hammond 1590bb. Any suggestions?

jkokura

Bigger which dimension?

I use the 125BB most often, which is 'taller (meaning 1.5" instead of 1.25" deep). I also like to use the 1590Q which is 1" wider, so 4.7" x 4.7". There's also the 1590C, which is I believe even taller (2"?). I think that's what Paul C builds his Tim pedal in.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

RobA

Hammond's got the 1590BBS now. It's pretty much a 1590BB but 1.5" tall. Mouser carries them -- a bit pricey.

Hammond seems to have a whole bunch of new sizes. Here's the list of 1590's http://www.hammondmfg.com/dwg.htm
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

ThePastRecedes

1590C? same dimensions but taller.
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

RobA

I just bought a 1590BBS and a 1590C -- the BBS is for a four pedal in a small box experiment and the C is for a transformer based power supply. The BBS is a really good DIY size for big effects. It's the same foot print as the BB and the height of the 125B. It's pretty much perfect. The C is really tall. It kinda bugs me aesthetically, but if you need to get some big stuff in there, it's tall enough to fit most anything.

If the price were a bit lower on the BBS or the cloners would clone, it'd be pretty ideal.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).