News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1st & 2nd Build/ 3rd & 4th Etch (pic heavy)

Started by hylandren, August 05, 2013, 11:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hylandren

Greetings from Noobville. I am the mayor.
I have been a member of another forum for a little while, but just joined this one as well. I am looking forward to learning all I can. I only have 2 builds under my belt. They are a Confidence Boost and a 250+ clone:

croquet hoop

I love the brushed look on the 1590A, what grain of sandpaper did you use to get that ? (fairly coarse, I imagine)

Very nice builds otherwise, you're off to a great start!

slimtriggers

I love the detail in the flame!  Care to share how you did that?  I'm guessing some very careful Dremeling?

Very cool stuff 8)

icecycle66

lincolnic

Dude, these builds are great! The gouged-out rocket flame LED is brilliant.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Someone who has a 1590A under his belt as either first or second build doesn't qualify as noob-ish, to my mind ;)

Very nice work! The wire wrangling comes with experience, mine looked like spaghetti (and still do to a certain extent, compared to Pickdropper.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

DutchMF

Very, very nice! And also a compliment on your photography, those are some sharp pics!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Stomptown

Beautifully done! As nentioned the rocket flame is very cool and originsl. I would've thought you'd been at this a few years now. You should enter one of these in the August build off!

Jon

hoodoo

Well you're off to a flying start mate ;D, great etches,tidy guts, Matt.

fendman

Welcome to the forum....Those are two really nice builds, the rocket flame is a great addition. It would look like you are another top pedal maker in the making 8)

Great Work

Mike

Tremster

Haha. He said "Noob" and posted this.
I shouldn't post build reports myself anymore ...

steveperiod

yep, those etches look fan-freaking-tastic. care to share your method? did you use pnp blue or something else? they're so clean.

jprizz

I'll just ditto everyone else here...

That's a hellofa first post!

jkokura

Noob level expert maybe...

Great work. The exteriors on both of those are really, really well done.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals