News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Black 65 input overload

Started by Kinki fuzz, August 05, 2013, 09:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinki fuzz

I've built this thing and been testing it this afternoon... sounds great, but I noticed and strange effect and I wonder if that's normal or not: When I push it with a booster in front with high volume (A rangemaster at full volume, to be precise) and hit a chord or pick strong it seems to be too much, just after the hit the volume is like lower and then it recovers as the initial "shock" is gone. It doesn't sound bad, it's very natural indeed, but not subtle. Could even be useful. Is that normal, or something went wrong in the build?

I haven't seen this effect in other overdrives, a boosted signal just makes them clipp harder, sometimes you get something good sometines not, but I like to try. I like dirt.

midwayfair

Quote from: Kinki fuzz on August 05, 2013, 09:33:34 PM
I've built this thing and been testing it this afternoon... sounds great, but I noticed and strange effect and I wonder if that's normal or not: When I push it with a booster in front with high volume (A rangemaster at full volume, to be precise) and hit a chord or pick strong it seems to be too much, just after the hit the volume is like lower and then it recovers as the initial "shock" is gone. It doesn't sound bad, it's very natural indeed, but not subtle. Could even be useful. Is that normal, or something went wrong in the build?

I haven't seen this effect in other overdrives, a boosted signal just makes them clipp harder, sometimes you get something good sometines not, but I like to try. I like dirt.

Mmm, saggy goodness.

It's normal. Personally it's something I really love about transistor distortion circuits.

Kinki fuzz

Perfect then!!

Enviado desde mi HTC One SV usando Tapatalk 4