News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mosrite Fuzz rite (by codtone)

Started by Guitarmageddon, August 04, 2013, 10:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

Got asked to build one with similar cosmetics so I dug around in my vintage parts stash- even the perf is from the 70's. ;D

Trannys are 2N2222 and a BC109C. I made a couple of hidden mods too, a treble bleed (on back of board) and a C-taper depth pot.

The enclosure is a 125B cut down into a wedge with a hack saw, (pinched that idea from John Lyons)

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

midwayfair

Sweet!

Is it bad that the part I'm most jealous of the 70s perf?

John Lyons actually pinched that idea from a dude on the DIYSB picture thread. JL was really quick on the uptake, though.

Matt

Never thought of taking a hacksaw to an enclosure but I might have to steal that idea too.  I've been curious about the fuzz rite for a while, need to put it on the list.

Very cool build inside and out!
Matt

lincolnic

Stomptown

This is great! It is obvious a lot of time and effort went into this one. Sound clip???

billstein

raulduke

Really cool build.

Love the finish and etch (and the Mojo sauce inside  ;))

Cortexturizer

Perfect as always codtone  :)
Loving your enclosures, and I might steal that idea too hehe. Cheers!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

twin1965

Really nice  :) Vintage look inside and out!

Guitarmageddon

Thanks Gents!
Sorry, no clip , ship's sailed already.
I pinched the hacksaw thing from someone who pinched it from someone else...so steal away remorselessly!
Cutting the enclosure isn't too bad, though I suspect it'd have been much easier if I had a power saw.
You'll need to drill and re-tap the short end too if you try it.
It's actually a pretty easy build- 4 caps and 4 resistors, 2 trannies, 2 pots and that's pretty much it!
The most laborious part was re-creating the artwork. I had to make that circle with the serrated sides by hand, drew a circle then cut in each serration... ::)
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

culturejam

Great work, Ben.

I'd borrow that hack saw trick, but I know I'll get it crooked and just ruin the box.  >:(
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

davent

Quote from: midwayfair on August 04, 2013, 10:44:19 PM
Sweet!

John Lyons actually pinched that idea from a dude on the DIYSB picture thread. JL was really quick on the uptake, though.

Pretty sure it was Mike-Haveyouseenhim who also posts here, that first showed this hack.

Great looking build.!When i first saw it thought it would work well in one of Mac Walker's wedge enclosures and then noticed the enclosure had been wedgified. Nicely done!.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Guitarmageddon

Quote from: davent on August 06, 2013, 03:33:12 PM

Pretty sure it was Mike-Haveyouseenhim who also posts here, that first showed this hack.

Great looking build.!When i first saw it thought it would work well in one of Mac Walker's wedge enclosures and then noticed the enclosure had been wedgified. Nicely done!.

dave

Thanks!
I definitely owe someone a beer.
I saw those Mac enclosures, they look cool.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

davent

Quote from: Guitarmageddon on August 06, 2013, 10:13:31 PM
Quote from: davent on August 06, 2013, 03:33:12 PM

dave

Thanks!
I definitely owe someone a beer.
I saw those Mac enclosures, they look cool.

I had second thoughts on my foggy memory and went back for a look. Tone Tested Designs was the man i was thinking of with the hacksaw way back in Dec.. http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=36392.msg882120#msg882120
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?