News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Techo Delay, what makes it do this?

Started by jimilee, August 01, 2013, 02:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So this is a techo delay from effect blade, what makes it thump when it's on and off? Where do I start troubleshooting this?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

culturejam

Is the main power filter cap backward?
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

Nope. Checked the polarity of everything first thing this time.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Are you in square wave mode there? Does it make the same noise in other wave forms?

jimilee

It does. I sold it to deface though as I didn't like the way the pedal sounded overall. He can probably make it go. Thanks to everyone for your help.

culturejam

I had a test rig that did that sometimes when I plugged the power in. I never did figure out exactly what the cause was, but when I removed the power filter cap, the thumping stopped. Maybe a bad cap?
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

Dammit! Oh well. I didn't care for the sound though. If it was a bad cap I bet I know exactly the one it was, I had some non polarized electros