News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A Bearhug of Very Little Brain (plus Hey Hey We're the Monsqueeze)

Started by midwayfair, July 31, 2013, 11:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Two Bearhugs, both built to the new specs.

A Bearhug of Very Little Brain
Pooh Bear and his house with "Mr. Sanders" above the door. The switches (and jacks) are painted; if I can find plastic covers of the right colors I might do that. I don't expect it to last very long.Piglet's house, plus Kanga, Roo, and Tigger.
Christopher Robin & Eeyore (very boggy and sad).Rabbit. The DC jack is painted brown to serve as his burrow.
Wol's house.Where the woozle wasn't.
And the insides.

New demo:

Hey Hey We're the Monsqueeze

This one was built for a customer. He supplied me with a very awesome mock-up of the art, and I copied it as best I could in hand paints. Base color is Pedal Parts Plus's Bluebonnet -- makes an excellent background.

I don't know what the Hebrew script says ...

The "Squeeze" is as close as I could get to the Monkees logo with those letters. It wasn't perfect, but I had already painted over/removed it a couple times and this was the best one. It's all 1776 on the inside. :)

For everyone who doesn't know what this is about ... which I expect is most of us (I certainly didn't), here's the relevant clip. Zappa interviewed Mike Nesmith as if Nesmith was Zappa:

lincolnic

These pedals are so awesome I don't know what to do! Never thought I'd see a pedal themed around the Zappa/Nesmith interview...

irmcdermott

My brother and I used to watch re-runs of The Monkees that my mom would tape for us. At the time I had no idea who Zappa was, but that was always a favorite part of the show of mine. They were my first concert when I was 4 years old :)

jimilee

Hey pooh bear is naked, what happened? That's  a cute pedal Jon. Although if my guitar player had one on his board I'd point and laugh. But you did a phenomenal job, I wish I had your skills and patience.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

raulduke

Really nice hand painting work Jon.

The Monkeys/Monsqueeze one is particularly epic!

Cortexturizer

Almost, ALMOST, surpasses your Joshua Tree build in beauty, but with a smaller footprint. Damnit dude, just damnit!!!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

gingataff

midwayfair

Thanks for the kind words as always, folks! :)

Quote from: raulduke on August 01, 2013, 09:09:08 AM
The Monkeys/Monsqueeze one is particularly epic!

I'm starting to think I picked the wrong pedal for the contest. :P

Quote from: jimilee on August 01, 2013, 01:28:04 AM
Hey pooh bear is naked, what happened?

Ah, the red shirt. Kind of interesting: It was added by the guy who had purchased the licensing rights to Winnie-the-Pooh; he drew Pooh wearing it for a record cover. His purchase of the rights for radio, books, music, etc. was actually the birth of the modern licensing industry. And somewhat shockingly it only took two years to turn it into a $50 MILLION enterprise. In 1931.

lincolnic

Quote from: midwayfair on August 01, 2013, 02:33:09 PM
And somewhat shockingly it only took two years to turn it into a $50 MILLION enterprise. In 1931.

:o

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

croquet hoop

Quote from: midwayfair on August 01, 2013, 02:33:09 PMI'm starting to think I picked the wrong pedal for the contest. :P
fwiw, I think you choose the good one. This bearhug must be one of your best painted enclosures.

Vallhagen

If i had to pick one of your pedals Jon, that Pooh one would come Close.

Brilliant in all ways!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

billstein

Nice work as usual Jon.

Quote from: midwayfair on August 01, 2013, 02:33:09 PM
I'm starting to think I picked the wrong pedal for the contest. :P

I know the feeling. As soon as I posted the "Screaming pacifist" I thought I should have entered the Rat. Must be something like buyers remorse.

Hard to go wrong with Winnie the Pooh though.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pickdropper

These are great.

I love how you painted the switch tips and jacks green on the bear hug.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper