News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Screaming Pacifist (Now with Sound File)

Started by billstein, July 31, 2013, 04:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

What do you get when you mix a Tube Screamer with a Zen Drive? A Screaming Pacifist of course.

Stock Zen Drive (Serendipity) and Tube Screamer (Green Bean). I etched the Serendipity and purchased a fabbed Green Bean.

First time using a Trapezoid box. Dutch's powerful influence came across the pond like a Tsunami and forced me.

The original idea was to find a man meditating for the Zen drive. Then Photoshop in a Scream mask for the Tube Screamer. The result is below. I ended up having to move the type around to fit the knob layout.

Kramer with Dimarzio pickups > Fender Blues Jr > Screaming Pacifist
Clean sound until 13 seconds than Tube Screamer just adding a touch of crunch, at 37 seconds the Zen Drive adds more bite.
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/billstein/screaming_pacifist[/soundcloud]

DutchMF

Now that is so cool........  :o

Great job man, on everything!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

billstein

Quote from: DutchMF on July 31, 2013, 05:58:26 AM
Now that is so cool........  :o

Paul

Thanks Paul. I blame you for getting me interested in these weird trapezoid boxes.

midwayfair

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

slimtriggers

Love that enclosure and graphic!  I've had this combination of drives on my board before, although in separate pedals, and I can vouch for it being a winning combo of drive pedals for sure.  Nice work  8)

DutchMF

Quote from: billstein on July 31, 2013, 06:11:50 AM
Quote from: DutchMF on July 31, 2013, 05:58:26 AM
Now that is so cool........  :o

Paul

Thanks Paul. I blame you for getting me interested in these weird trapezoid boxes.

You're welcome! I love em so much, great to see someone else using them. And that is a great choice of knobs, I've been meaning to get something similar, but find them a bit expensive.... I am dutch, you know?  ;)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

pryde

Love it. Great work inside and out.

Screaming Pacifist is a super clever name for this  :)

Jakes Dad

Love the name.

Beautiful build.

Where did you get the box?

billstein

Thanks guys for the encouraging words.

Quote from: Jakes Dad on July 31, 2013, 08:04:07 PM
Love the name.

Beautiful build.

Where did you get the box?

You can get them at Mouser. http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntk=P_MarCom&Ntt=153535029
They've got two different sizes in different colors.

hammerheadmusicman

Is that a white decal with the black printed on? It looks very good quality if so! Or are you a magician?

Awesome looking build! Hope you've entered it in the monthly comp..

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

hammerheadmusicman

Also, how do you use the two pedals together? Stack them? Low gain on the TS? Did you experiment with the order of the two before boxing up?

Sorry for all the questions! Just curious :)

billstein

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on July 31, 2013, 11:19:38 PM
Is that a white decal with the black printed on? It looks very good quality if so! Or are you a magician?

Awesome looking build! Hope you've entered it in the monthly comp..

George

Thanks George. This isn't a decal. I printed out the design on photo paper then sprayed it with a Satin finish from Krylon. Then attached it with spray mount and cut the holes out with an x-acto knife. I liked the way it turned out but my only concern is the durability. Only time will tell and maybe the solution is Envirotex (sp?) which I've been way to lazy and to busy to try.

hammerheadmusicman

Ahh, what about a ton of clear coat?