News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BYOC Chorus Freestyle

Started by jimilee, July 29, 2013, 03:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

SO this is a Ver 1 BYOC Chorus that I built freestyle. I bought the PCB from someone and then sourced the parts myself, instead of building from a Kit. A chorus pedal is something I use frequently, but oddly enough, I'd never built. i heard good things about this one, and so far I dig the tones. Only issue I had was putting a diode in backwards and spending a day trying to figure what went wrong. And no build report would be complete without crappy video. The wiring isn't as messy as it looks and the battery snap is just for kicks and giggles. The Enviro job is my best to date i think. Enjoy!!!

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

televisiondown

Nice...looks great! Is that your phone you're using to make the video AND play guitar? Haha
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

jimilee

Uh huh, Blair witch style, right? It was late and I'm lazy!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bret608

Blair Witch style, LOL! My wife had to leave that movie in the middle and go throw up when we saw it in the theater way back when. She tends to motion sickness, and that camera work...!

Love, love the graphic. If you had told me you were doing this, I could have dug up the words for "rate" and "depth" in Hindi from my dictionary I got back when I studied it in college. Wait 'til you see what I've got cooked up for my upcoming Fuzzball (irmcdermott design) build report! Just waiting on PPP to ship.

Beware though, Ganesh is a pretty high-maintenance deity in terms of daily offerings of sweets and the like! You are right, the finish does look really good. Also, I don't think your wiring looks particularly messy. I love CE-2-style chorus with fuzz or OD by the way. Try it, you'll like it!

Cortexturizer

a sweet one jimmi man! keep em coming! [I know you will...you have like the biggest output here :D ]
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

jimilee

Quote from: Cortexturizer on July 29, 2013, 02:56:25 PM
a sweet one jimmi man! keep em coming! [I know you will...you have like the biggest output here :D ]
thanks man. I'm guilty of starting a bunch of builds til I run out of parts, order more and finish them up. So even though it looks intense it's stretched out a bit and I finish a bunch at the same time. I dig the hobby, it's relatively inexpensive and therapeutic.

slimtriggers

Love the Ganesh graphic.  Nice build, man!

jimilee

Played it at rehearsal last night, sounds great on bass.