News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hey you guys!

Started by jimilee, July 25, 2013, 09:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Guess who put a diode in backwards and guess how long it took to figure that one out? Here's a hint almost all day minus 3 or 4 hours by the pool reading troubleshooting threads. On the plus side my contest entry just needs to be wired into the enclosure after the enviro cures in about 48 more hours.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

icecycle66

That's a lot better than when I trouble shoot my latest delay pedal for hours because I didn't plug in the power each and every time I tried testing it.

"I swear I will figure this out without starting another "fine in bypass, dead when on' thread."

drezdn

We've all been there.

Yesterday, I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting any output engaged or in bypass on a kokbox. I wired the output jack backwards.

Scruffie

Couldn't read the thread title without thinking of...

My diodes have been trying to piss me off while in the right direction recently, two designs i've breadboarded (thankfully this only took 5-20 minutes each time to figure out at most with a DMM or this coulda driven me nuts) have had a silicon diode that is a dead short... I may have killed them in previous breadboarding escapades but still! I use breadboarding parts in builds, that coulda been hard to spot in a big circuit.
Works at Lectric-FX

atreidesheir

chunk, chunk, chunk
jimilee, If you win the contest you have to do the truffle shuffle and post to youtube.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

jimilee

Ahahahahaha ha I just might
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

drezdn

Guess who was trying to figure out why his Chunk Chunk wouldn't work. Couldn't even get signal at the "in" point on the board. Kept shortening the wire attached to in to see if there was a short. Then I looked at the schematic to find other testing points once I got signal at the in.

I realized that I had mistook the ground connection at the end of the board as in. Put the in wire at the right spot and it fired up right away.