News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Envirotex polishing?

Started by hoodoo, July 22, 2013, 03:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

G'day to all, Matt here, just did my first envirotex finish, came out pretty good, however it is slightly dull in places. It looks like it would polish out very easy, just wondering what you envirotex masters use, to polish the finished coated enclosure, Juansolo, feel free to comment mate ;D, thanks, Matt.

jimilee

Quote from: hoodoo on July 22, 2013, 03:22:32 AM
G'day to all, Matt here, just did my first envirotex finish, came out pretty good, however it is slightly dull in places. It looks like it would polish out very easy, just wondering what you envirotex masters use, to polish the finished coated enclosure, Juansolo, feel free to comment mate ;D, thanks, Matt.
I'm using an iPad, so currently it's hard to flip back and forth, but there is a tutorial on enviro that may have the answer you're looking for, I believe it to be a car wax of some sort.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

hoodoo

Thanks for the reply Jimi, i did see the tutorial and read the bit about the car polish, was just a little concerned i might f@#k it up, as it mostly looks good. I thought that the car polish might be too abrasive? I'm not looking to remove runs, just to shine it up in places. Please feel free to comment folks, thanks, Matt.

Gledison

Hey! I got a great tip here on using toothpaste! No kidding! I did woth an acrylic coatumg and looked great! Its not much abrasive and no worries about the smell! Later u can use a mild car polish to bring some gloss .
I never used enviroyex but ive read about it! Its epoxy resin and this thung is very resistent! Go ahead!!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

Gledison

Quote from: jimilee on July 22, 2013, 04:09:20 AM
I'm using an iPad, so currently it's hard to flip back and forth, but there is a tutorial on enviro that may have the answer you're looking for, I believe it to be a car wax of some sort.
It took me a minute to stop thinking u were polishing ur enclosures with an iPad!😜 Well , maybe an usefull App!😛
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

juansolo

Cleggy is the master of 'tex. But he wet sands them with a sanding block I believe, then poish with T-Cut follwed by regular car polish, I think.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jimilee

Quote from: Gledison on July 22, 2013, 07:30:07 AM
It took me a minute to stop thinking u were polishing ur enclosures with an iPad!😜 Well , maybe an usefull App!😛
ahahahahaha
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Stomptown

Quote from: jimilee on July 22, 2013, 12:49:43 PM
Quote from: Gledison on July 22, 2013, 07:30:07 AM
ahahahahaha

I guess there's nothing an iPad can't do!  ;Do

hoodoo

Thanks for the advice gents, Matt.

aballen

what is t-cut?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

hammerheadmusicman

I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..