News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Java Boost - Know What You Get When You Cross...

Started by frankie5fingers, July 21, 2013, 09:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankie5fingers

...These two things?
Nothing.
Anybody make a Java using this layout?

Scruffie

My first build! Also it's negative ground.
Works at Lectric-FX

frankie5fingers

With an OC44?
That explains why it doesn't power up.  I've never used an OC44 in a negative ground circuit...what am I missin?
How'd you wire it Scruff?
Like this?

If not ... would you mind PM'ing me your wiring scheme?
Thanks, Frank

Scruffie

Quote from: frankie5fingers on July 22, 2013, 12:35:15 AM
With an OC44?
That explains why it doesn't power up.  I've never used an OC44 in a negative ground circuit...what am I missin?
How'd you wire it Scruff?
Like this?

If not ... would you mind PM'ing me your wiring scheme?
Thanks, Frank
Looks right, just any standard 9V negative ground.

Yuppp, with an OC44.
Works at Lectric-FX

frankie5fingers

Wow - I'm lookin' at it.  I see it, but it doesn't make sense cause it's an OC44, right?
Learn sumpin' new every day..

Just looked at it again, and there's the.... wait for it....  "of course it is" moment.

Oh what fools we mortals be.

As always, thanks Scruffie, Frank

fendman

I have just built this layout and it is really good in front of a fuzz, or OD...  I used a Ram's Head muff PI. It sustains forever.

Seems a lot of guys found this not working...due to thinking it was positive grounding. But I can assure you this layout works.  I have used an OC44.

ch1naski

Quote from: fendman on July 25, 2013, 08:44:32 AM
I have just built this layout and it is really good in front of a fuzz, or OD...  I used a Ram's Head muff PI. It sustains forever.

Seems a lot of guys found this not working...due to thinking it was positive grounding. But I can assure you this layout works.  I have used an OC44.
that's the layout I used (not that torchy's is bad, I just saw mark's first.)

I was a bit surprised that it was negative ground on a PNP transistor circuit, too. Threw me for a loop.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

frankie5fingers

Once I swapped ground pins - worked great, sounds great too.
Question though; Torchy's layout has the option for a 100n vs the 10n.  Anybody use the 100n?  Any difference in tone?

ch1naski

Wouldn't that put a bit more treble bleed to ground on the tone control? mine gets quite a bit of bass (high cut) on the tone already, built stock
one louder.

frankie5fingers

That's my thought.  I use pretty much all the cut now, I'd think it'd get mushy.  I guess there's only one way to find out...