News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First Strip Board Build - Triple 3 OD

Started by PhiloB, July 19, 2013, 10:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

Based on the Lovepedal Eternity layout from tagboardeffects. Probably not an original idea but I put the LED in a 2x8 piece of vero with the CLR and hot glued it to the enclosure (don't particularly care for soldering wire to the LED leads:)
Fired up first time!

billstein

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jprizz

Nice solution for the led wiring. That looks nice too. How does it sound, do you like it?

PhiloB

jprizz, this is my first OD build.  I'm relatively new to pedal building.  I say all that because I may not have a real objective ear right now.  I've only played about 5 mins but it seems pretty responsive to picking dynamics.  Minimal tone coloration.  Tone knob seems to be usable across the whole range.  Seems very good.  I'll try an update the 'review' on Monday.  I hope to have some time to play then.

PhiloB

My main reason for choosing this OD was because of thorough walk through of the vero layout over at tagboardeffects.  Trying to get my head around all this stompbox 'wizardry'!
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/02/lovepedal-eternity.html?m=1

ch1naski

Mark, or "lvlark" , does some great vero layouts. I've built a few from him. And he's helpful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
one louder.

ch1naski

And almost forgot about mirosol, also....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
one louder.

PhiloB

Yeah, it seems like a great community over there

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PhiloB

Yes.  I've got the parts to do Engineer's Thumb Compressor (5knob comp) vero layout from SabroTone.  Lots of cool stuff there.

ch1naski

And turretboard.org too. Not updated much, but for vintage stuff, it's like a goldmine.
one louder.

PhiloB

Ch1naski, I haven't come across that one.  I'll have to check it out!