News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My last few builds. I'm new here and I don't think I've shown much

Started by ThePastRecedes, July 18, 2013, 02:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePastRecedes

I've noticed that I haven't posted my last few builds. I've done a few more recently but there's been no decal work so I'll just leave them out.

1) 18 volt big muff pi. Using madbeans road rage PCB and some perfboard. I added the AMZ presence control too.

2) Music PCB Tap Tempo Tremolo with external tempo input. Great tremolo but I don't know if I would really use the Tap tempo part.

3)2 In 1 pedal. It's a devi ever torn's peaker and an EHX LPB-1 in a single box. It's built on perfboard. A bias knob was added to the 1st transistor (the hunger knob) and an input volume knob was added.

4&5) The yellow pedal is a Vemuram Jan Ray. No mods strait up clone done on perf. I can say after building it that it is not work the $400 they sell for. Nothing so socking that makes me want to spend that much on a pedal. Also it' pretty much a timmy clone.

The blue pedal is an MXR blues box cascaded into an electro harmonic LPB-1. It's great to have no volume drop.

I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

jimilee

Those look great, and all on perf! Fantastic. Where are the gut shots? Welcome to the board.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GermanCdn

Very nicely done.  Never considered building a Jan Ray before, and probably still won't, lol, but yeah, $400 is just a little steep
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

midwayfair

Nice batch of pedals.

Don't think I've ever seen someone forgo the tap tempo switch on the TTT!

eldanko

Love the graphic on the Tap Trem!

Quote from: ThePastRecedes on July 18, 2013, 02:15:13 PM
Also it' pretty much a timmy clone.

This.

Amazed at how much attention this pedal has been getting.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

jprizz

Those all look great and are quite diverse in their artistic style, well done!

ThePastRecedes

Quote from: midwayfair on July 18, 2013, 02:38:53 PM
Nice batch of pedals.

Don't think I've ever seen someone forgo the tap tempo switch on the TTT!
It's seems crazy but there's a reason. I wanted to be able to sync the tremolo with other effect pedals using this pedal . So I needed a tempo output. So having tremolo, delay and phaser all in sync. Not that I want all the pedals simultaneously on. Its just to reduce the tap dancing, reduce pedal board space, and so there is only one location for the tempo switch.
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

ThePastRecedes

Quote from: jimilee on July 18, 2013, 02:19:05 PM
Those look great, and all on perf! Fantastic. Where are the gut shots? Welcome to the board.

They'll be up in a bit since you asked  ;D Not the best but good enough.

Is there a multi-quote button on this forum? Or am I just being blind  ::)

jkokura

Yeah, when you reply, you can scroll down and view previous posts. You can then 'insert quote' and then edit the quote if you need.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

ThePastRecedes

Okay now I see it  ;D

Anyway heres another that I for got about. I'll update the 1st post with guts in the next 5 mins too.

gtangas

mshuptar

Great job - I dig the graphic and color scheme on the TTT!

Bret608

These all look really cool. I'm liking the PCB in the Blue Box. Who did that layout and/or where did you get it? Interested!

ThePastRecedes

Quote from: Bret608 on July 23, 2013, 02:27:51 PM
These all look really cool. I'm liking the PCB in the Blue Box. Who did that layout and/or where did you get it? Interested!
I got it from poodle pedal parts. I would not recommend it though. I bought a huge bunch of PCBs from him recently and wasn't pleased. The pads and drills are very small and they don't take the heat very well. It was a pain in the arse to wire it up to the pots and jacks.

There was a few mistakes in the build doc that I had to spend a bit trying to debug. I compared it to a few other schematics of the blue box and some other thinking. I emailed him the corrections so the build doc should be fine now.

I don't mean to bad mouth him but after using madbeans, 1776, and musicpcb my exceptions were a little bit higher than what I received .

I have my own PCB that I drew up for the blue box with the volume drop mod. I used his because I didn't really want 3 PCBs from OSHpark. I only wanted one so I got his. PM me if you want one of my PCBs for the blue box.

jtn191

All great builds! How's the sound on the 18v muff? More headroom? Did you have to beef up any other parts?