News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zombii V4 bugs

Started by krad96, July 17, 2013, 04:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krad96

I finished up this build (it's my first and I'm very happy with it!) and there are some great sounds I can get from it, but there are a few tiny bugs.  The volume pot and I believe one other increase when turned counter-clockwise.  Also, there is a high pitched screeching noise that occurs when the pots are in certain positions.  It doesn't seem to be any one in particular.  It is hard to explain... ??? It seems to be directly connected to one single pot at a time, but moving the others around can make the screech go away.  Any ideas?  I can try to get a video if that would help.  Thank you!

Haberdasher

Hey

This is actually v4, the etched one

Did you wire standard 16mm pots for your build, or use the little 9mm pc mounted pots?  If you wired them, it sounds like the 2 that work in reverse are wired backwards. You should be able to switch the 1 and 3 wires around and easily correct that.

Not sure about the screeching.  Did you try any different transistors?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

krad96

I wired standard 16mm pots for my build.  Thanks for the correction...fixed.  I haven't tried any different transistors, but will look into trying this if it continues.  I'll switch the 1 and 3 wires on those two. 

stevewire

My volume pot did seem to be backwards, but an easy fix.  The oscillation is part of the original Zvex effect.  When certain pots are set various ways you will get squealing or other crazy noises.  And it's often very interactive between different pot settings.  Think of it as part of the charm.

krad96

Thanks!  ;D that's what I was wondering because I haven't played with any others enough to find out if that is normal.  I'll take care of the pots and call it done!