News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Did it again.

Started by jimilee, July 17, 2013, 03:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

After modding a pedal tonight, the sumbitch wouldn't work anymore and I was about to take it apart again when I realized the power supply wasn't plugged it. Aaaarrrrggghhh!!!!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

bcalla

I'm getting better at this.  I usually figure out that I have done this in less than 10 minutes.  It used to take me a lot longer.   :-[

GermanCdn

This is why I bought a 10 mm Red LED from Tayda for my next demo rig, as my current one is reaching the end of it's life.  It will be wired always on with a 1k resistor, so there's no doubt that I have it plugged in.  Now, if I could only do the same thing to ensure the guitar was plugged in.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

pryde

My go-to bonehead move is to plug the in/out jacks in flipped. Still get clean signal but NO effect when switched on. Done this so many damn times but still manage to flip em once in a while.  ::)

billstein

Mine main move is to test the build without the IC in. Then freak out and panic. I've got that move down.

stevie1556

Every pedal I test I either don't plug in the power, don't turn the power on, don't turn the amp on, or don't plug cables in somewhere. Every single time and I never learn!

And I sometimes leave the sockets empty of transistors or ICs just to make myself feel really stupid!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

wolfingsworth

I have done all of these many many times! It's just too exciting once a build is done to think like a grown up. I'm pretty sure we all become 4 years old for the first 30 minutes of getting new gear :D

Gledison

Since I forgot my soldering iron on for a entire night :P (luckly no accidents), I always unplug everything, so its difficult to forget now in this way :P
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

gordo

My test rig isn't totally idiot proof, otherwise it wouldn't let me use it, but I have a power LED and an effect LED.  I'm also using a fat cable to the amp, and a skinny George L cable to the guitar.  I suppose it would just be boring if we got it right EVERY time.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?