News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero Point Super Deluxe _ ZPSDX

Started by destro, July 16, 2013, 04:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

destro

Hey folks. Cobbling this sucker together. It's up and running, but I am not sure if it sounds *right.* I know it simulates analog delat sound, but I am wondering if it is supposed to get as distorted on the 3rd or 4th repeat as mine does. Hopefully others who have built it can comment. Here is a sound clip for reference! I recorder 4 strums per mode. It is guitar into firewire solo device. Please chime in!!

http://snd.sc/12Dqc61

dondougie

What kind of pickups are you using? I haven't build my SPSDX yet, but I get distorted repeats like that on other PT2399 delays with high output pickups.

destro

Well, i kind of thought of that. It's a Fender Toronado with original humbucker, which is pretty hot, and a p90 in the neck. Tried with both pickups, even lowered pickup volume and blasted output volume with same issue. I am wondering what will happen if I put a pedal in front of it.

destro

Nope, that didn't help. Even if I play softly the last repeats get crackly....guess I should mention that I modded the feedback resistor r41 to 27k, but I did switch it back with same results.

destro

c26 was a 184 instead of a 104....found it after mangling the thing....build report coming soon....

jimilee

Excellent job! It's always awesome to find the problem.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.