News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zen

Started by pickdropper, July 13, 2013, 01:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Zen
This is a Zen drive build using one of Rej's Feng PCBs.  Even though all four knobs would've fit on top, I felt like doing something a bit different.

Gratuitous macro shot to show the detail of the etch.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

bcalla

wolfingsworth

Wow Dave! I really love this!

fendman

Remarkable!!! Just unbelievably beautiful.

So Professional
Mike

Vanderfuzz

That is a spectacular build.
There's always room for noise.

angrykoko

Wow... love it. 
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

hammerheadmusicman

Killer work again Dave! I built two of these, one for myself and one for a friend, i built mine as per Rej's guide, but my friend wanted his exactly as per the original, i.e. with the mosfet clippers, which i did (it looked a bit messy, but oh well). Was just wondering if you had considered that or not?

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

croquet hoop

So inspiring as always. I love the 2+2 knob layout, I don't think I've seen those lateral pots on many other pedals (well, there's this one, but... ;D). The aesthetics are top notch, from the layout to the font and the etch (by the way, is that etching, or laser engraving?), not to mention the guts...

pickdropper

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on July 13, 2013, 03:45:21 PM
Killer work again Dave! I built two of these, one for myself and one for a friend, i built mine as per Rej's guide, but my friend wanted his exactly as per the original, i.e. with the mosfet clippers, which i did (it looked a bit messy, but oh well). Was just wondering if you had considered that or not?

George

I have two of these boards, so I decided to build this one as Rej laid it out.  The second I'll build stock, or if I don't like this one, I'll just modify it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pryde

Just pro work in and out. Congrats on another gorgeous build.

twin1965

This is truly beautiful. Pedal building on a different level. Lives up to its name.

hammerheadmusicman

Quote from: pickdropper on July 13, 2013, 04:42:36 PM
Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on July 13, 2013, 03:45:21 PM

George

I have two of these boards, so I decided to build this one as Rej laid it out.  The second I'll build stock, or if I don't like this one, I'll just modify it.

Yeah, that's exactly what i did, one seemed i little smoother, i think it was the one without the mosfets..

can't quite remember! Do keep me informed of what you think of the differences, as i never really had any time to have them side by side and test.

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

aballen

I love the ying yang coi the scales are a beautiful detail.

diablochris6

That is an amazing etch.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here