News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

You know you may be addicted to pedal making when....

Started by billstein, July 10, 2013, 04:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

You daydream of being able to go back in time so you can score a bunch of germanium transistors.  :(

jimilee

You may have a problem or at least an addiction, I don't know that it's a problem.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Gledison

You spend 3 hrs trying to transfer a toner to a pcb and still think is fun!😜
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

soldersqueeze

You've built four different envelope filters even though you absolutely hate the effect :D

Kinki fuzz

Quote from: soldersqueeze on July 10, 2013, 07:10:54 AM
You've built four different envelope filters even though you absolutely hate the effect :D
:D :D :D :D

hoodoo

I'm driving Two and a half hours in a couple of days time to have a look at a stash of old shit that may be good for nothing, but i can't stop thinking about it, might be the holy grail of unobtainium ;D or not :P

Vallhagen

Quote from: Gledison on July 10, 2013, 07:00:08 AM
You spend 3 hrs trying to transfer a toner to a pcb and still think is fun!😜

Hehe... i can relate to this...

Or you seriously consider to take your car for a 200 km trip, just to get your hands on some 220nF caps, becouse you want a SMALLER SIZE than those you have in the drawer. and you NEED IT NOW.
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

selfdestroyer

When it's 110 degrees in your garage and you still turn on the soldering iron to build.

FML I hate Fresno CA lol

gtr2

When you start or post in a thread labeled:

You know you may be addicted to pedal making when....

;D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

GermanCdn

When your wife recognizes a box from Tayda even before you open it.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

eldanko

When you can't bring yourself to throw away any piece of broken electronic equipment because there's a few electrolytic caps in there that you might be able to use later, so I'm just going to put this in storage, ok sweetie? Sweetie?
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

RobA

Quote from: eldanko on July 10, 2013, 02:14:14 PM
When you can't bring yourself to throw away any piece of broken electronic equipment because there's a few electrolytic caps in there that you might be able to use later, so I'm just going to put this in storage, ok sweetie? Sweetie?
Just did this with a dead microwave. Although the main thing I want out of it is the fans and ventilation stuff -- for making a paint station to paint effects boxes.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

billstein

When your favorite post from any forum is Jimilee giving the new Tayda code.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

DutchMF

When you promise your wife to not spend all of your free time soldering, but then do some research on circuits, design the artwork/layout for the next build, prepare the next parts/pcb order, sharpen the EAGLE skills, read the forum, actually make next parts/pcb order.... Do I need to continue? Soooooooo glad the wife has some hobbies as well.....  ;)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

GermanCdn

The more I read this thread, the more I realize most of us must be married to some pretty incredible women.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.