News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

R2G2

Started by TwistdDeth, July 03, 2013, 07:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwistdDeth

Here is a GuitarPCB R2G2 board with my interpretation of the enclosure. I used overhead projector film for the toner transfer. I only etched the R2D2 and the lettering with a Q-tip and muriatic acid. I drilled the control position indicators with a 3/32" bit only allowing it to turn just enough to complete the diameter. Clear chicken heads from Tayda, pots from small bear, enclosure from Mammoth, & GPCB's Excellent board and wire. Also the pot leds are connected to the DC jack separate from the board, one wire with 3 splices with clr's connected to the wire and LED then a daisy chain from each LED to ground. For the graphic, I drafted it on draftsight software which is similar to AutoCAD but free.

Select, bend, trim, place, solder, repeat

Guitafuzz

Awesome Build, good etch work   ;D

jkokura

Star Wars = approval. Yes, great build.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

lincolnic

The black and blue fill in R2 is a really nice touch.

TwistdDeth

Thanks, I have a zombie themed etch in the works.

twin1965

Very nice. I like the blue lettering on aluminium   :)

drezdn

pickdropper

Awesome.  Great attention to detail on the case.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

alanp

That colouring is SERIOUSLY impressive. It looks like a machine-made production unit!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Aw man, that's fantastic. The July contest is going to be fierce!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

hoodoo

A whole lot of effort gone in to this one, looks killer mate. Love the drilled pot indicator markers , that wouldn't have been easy, all the best, Matt.

slimtriggers

That's incredible attention to detail!  Really painstaking.  I'm blown away by the fact that you drilled all those indicator markers :o

How do you like the circuit?  I built one a while back, but it's a bit woolly for my taste.

TwistdDeth

Would it shock you that the majority of my time spent on the etch was all prep work and maybe an hour of actual etching. Thank you everyone for the comments.

bcalla

Amazing finish!!  I really need to learn how to do that.   :-[

I have built many of Barry's projects from GuitarPCB, but R2G2 is one of my favorites.

Stomptown

This is extremely good! It must have taken a lot of effort to paint R2. I will have to try the Q-tip method sometime.  :o  :o  :o