News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stage fright=OMG!!!!! Now with improved awesome sound!!!!!!

Started by jimilee, July 02, 2013, 05:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

If I can gush like a teenage girl for a minute, I had to tweak my stage fright today and remove an ic socket cause my output jack was causing my cable end to stop at the ic, and in the process I discovered I totally missed soldering pin one of that IC. After I fixed that and discovered the trimmer it has, wow!!! This thing can sound like a phase 45 a 90 or 100 it is amazing, and I think everyone should build it immediately!!!! Thanks Brian.
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jimi-lee-2/stagefright-demo[/soundcloud]
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

billstein

Quote from: jimilee on July 02, 2013, 05:19:25 PM
I think everyone should build it immediately!!!!

OK. But can I eat breakfast first?  ;)

jimilee

Quote from: billstein on July 02, 2013, 05:39:46 PM

OK. But can I eat breakfast first?  ;)
Uhhh no, you ate breakfast yesterday!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

billstein

Yes sir.

***runs off to grab his soldering iron***

soldersqueeze

This is what I thought when I first played through mine, it's the kind of pedal which would set TGP alight if only someone was willing to sell them one for $300 and a 6 month wait.

Jimi, did you write somewhere originally that you thought it "sounded like every other phaser [you'd] heard"? Someone definitely said that, and it stood out to me at the time because I really couldn't understand it....

twin1965

I agree that it is a very good sounding phaser. So glad I built it! (it needs an enclosure - now!).

Best part is that you don't have to screw around with matching transistors  :)

Quote from: jimilee on July 02, 2013, 05:19:25 PMI think everyone should build it immediately!!!! Thanks Brian.

+1

fendman

It is a great pedal Jimi, Glad you got it going 8)

I play it most most days it just talks so good.

Mike

jimilee

Quote from: fendman on July 02, 2013, 09:45:02 PM

I play it most most days it just talks so good.

Mike
It does too, that's the first thing I noticed
Quote from: soldersqueeze on July 02, 2013, 09:01:56 PM

This is what I thought when I first played through mine, it's the kind of pedal which would set TGP alight if only someone was willing to sell them one for $300 and a 6 month wait.

Jimi, did you write somewhere originally that you thought it "sounded like every other phaser [you'd] heard"? Someone definitely said that, and it stood out to me at the time because I really couldn't understand it....
I did in fact write that, I heard the andromeda 2.0 demo and mine definitely didn't sound like that. His 5/6 switch was amazing and mine wasn't. Now it's sounds like every other phaser combined!

billstein

Great! Now I really want to build this. I've got the board but have been waiting for another Tayda code to place an order.

Come on Jimi! Where's that code?

RobA

Oh no! I've had a Stage Fright sitting in my cart here waiting for me to decide on everything I wanted to order. Looks like I better hurry up and decide or they'll be out of stock soon.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

pickdropper

I'm still trying to dial mine in to my taste.  It definitely is a strong phaser.  I am going to play with the 1n caps a bit and see what I prefer.

I actually bought a second board as an experimenter board.  I didn't (and still don't) feel like taking apart the Andromeda until I know exactly what I want.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

billstein

Quote from: pickdropper on July 03, 2013, 12:23:08 AM

I actually bought a second board as an experimenter board.  I didn't (and still don't) feel like taking apart the Andromeda until I know exactly what I want.

If I had built that Andromeda taking it apart would be the last thing on my mind. I'd be to busy just sitting and staring at it. Maybe even sleeping with it... :)

jimilee

Quote from: billstein on July 03, 2013, 12:03:26 AM
Great! Now I really want to build this. I've got the board but have been waiting for another Tayda code to place an order.

Come on Jimi! Where's that code?
they need to post one soon!!!

Matt

Damn, so I'm going to have to build this too! >:( ;D ;D ;D
Matt

drezdn

jimilee, you've convinced me to order/build one sometime soon.