News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dig Dug Sequenced Wah

Started by Guitarmageddon, June 30, 2013, 06:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

The Dig Dug project..
A 4, 6 or 8-step sequencer with random function. The knobs adjust the Q and step speed.

As if all the off board wiring and trying to drill 16 holes in straight lines isn't difficult enough, I thought it'd be a good idea to put it into a 125B.
I also screwed up the pot daughter board and wired them freestyle point to point...then spent three days de-bugging.   ::)
Fixed it by running a cap to ground off Q2. Damned if I know why, but it's working perfectly again now and it's a lot of fun. 8)

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

Hangingmonkey

Wow, thats a great looking pedal and a tight fit in there. Well done.
I like the image on the front. Is that an etch?

Guybrush

Nice work man

I've always fancied giving this a go myself but my skills are nowhere near up to it yet. Very impressed!

fendman

Wow!!!! That is something else. Great build, the etch is superb...you certainly can choose the best images for your builds :o

Would love to hear a demo if at all possible....it must sound as good as it looks 8)

hoodoo

That's a lot of stuff in a little box,Great as always mate, you seem to have an endless supply of cool images to etch  :), are they the new tayda pots you used, if so, any good? All the best, Matt.

Thomas_H

Yeah, drilling exact holes is quite a task. Did you also drill the indicator holes into the pot shafts?

This looks like it really took a while to get it done.
Great work!
DIY-PCBs and projects:

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nacho

Wow, amazing!!
And love that etched graphic.
+1 about the demo

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lincolnic

billstein

Impressive!

Quote from: Thomas_H on June 30, 2013, 08:38:10 AM
Did you also drill the indicator holes into the pot shafts?

Same question I had.

Guitarmageddon

Thanks Gents!
Credit really belongs to Brian for coming up with such a cool project,
Yes, it's etched.
Yes, I drilled the pot shafts. If you look closely, a couple are a bit wonky.  :P
I'll try and get a little sound clip recorded tomorrow.
cheers!
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

nzCdog

nice work man, really nice

DutchMF

Yeah, this is some nice work! And if you're not comfortable with the way those drilled indicators on the pot shafts look (I think they are Tha Bomb!) I think you could get away with the Davies 1900 types (or clones....). But please use some other pots and send those drilled ones to me!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"