News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ACME anal probe, vero build of the zvex machine

Started by Hangingmonkey, June 28, 2013, 07:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangingmonkey

Heres one Ive recently finished, its a vero based on the tagboard effects layout of the machine. 

Not sure if im gonna keep the oversized knobs but they are starting to grow on me

I called it the anal probe because I ran out of ideas...

I fount that the limit pot was quite subtle, anyone else found that also?

alanp

o.O

That is twisted. The huge knobs are a nice touch.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

stevewire

Pretty nice.  I like the big knobs.  How do like how it sounds?  I've been thinking about building one of these.  I really haven't built anything but ODs, Distortions, fuzz and boosts.  I suppose I have something to run this with.

Hangingmonkey

Quote from: stevewire on June 28, 2013, 02:10:18 PM
Pretty nice.  I like the big knobs.  How do like how it sounds?  I've been thinking about building one of these.  I really haven't built anything but ODs, Distortions, fuzz and boosts.  I suppose I have something to run this with.

It sounds 'interesting'.  Its not something I think I will use very often, i just made it just for the hell of it and to see what it sounds like and because I just happened to have all the parts needed in my parts box. 

It sounds comparable to the youtube vids, it gives notes/chords a buzzsaw like growl but thats just how i describe it.  Its worth a go building it

jimilee

Big knobs and a swanky red carpet, dude you got it going on!  ;D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Rip57

Jimi Lee, what he didn't tell you is that red shag carpet is the back of his Chevy Van!

Nice build, man.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa

jimilee

Quote from: Rip57 on June 29, 2013, 03:58:35 AM
Jimi Lee, what he didn't tell you is that red shag carpet is the back of his Chevy Van!

Nice build, man.
Reckon he has candy in there? ;D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.