News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I made a fuzz. It needs a name. Vote here!

Started by midwayfair, June 23, 2013, 12:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should this fuzz that uses MOSFETs be called?

Moss Piglet
Mossy Sloth
Lichenthrope
Wallabees
Something else cute. (See comments)

midwayfair

Why you should pick any given name:

A moss piglet (aka water bear or tardigrade) is an incredible awesome indestructable creature. They can live at the bottom of the ocean, in the lips of volcanoes, in the vacuum of frigging space, be dehydrated to 3% water, and ask you what's for tea in the afternoon. And they have six legs and an adorable little smile. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moss_piglet

Mossy Sloths: These awesome animals move so slowly that MOSS GROWS ON THEM. Yes, this is a real thing.

Lichenthrope: Eh, get it? :) I love puns! You should too.

Wallabies: Cause, buzz buzz! More puns! MOoooooorre.

p.s. Some forum members have seen another name for this thing. I got the name mixed up. These are all "real" things. The other name was not a real thing.

Vallhagen

And here i am again, reading internet and learning stuff! I've heard of the bear before (though i can't resist being anal and correct you, he has eight legs, not six!!!), but the mossy sloths are new to me. I had to google it, truly cute.

My vote:

Lichentrope

...because... i can really see some dots coming, makin it the Lichentröpe.

On a serious side, its a hard vote. All great names.
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

alanp

Mossy Sloth. A quick google doesn't reveal them on the front page that I can see in ten seconds. Appropriate.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

wolfingsworth

So if one were to put this fuzz and a bear hug comp in the same enclosure, it could be called a wet bear hug :). My vote is Lichentrope because it's one word and sounds cool.

croquet hoop

I'd say it depends on how the fuzz sounds. I like Lichenthrope because of the pun, but Mossy Sloths would be perfect for a fat (mossy) sounding fuzz.

Mich P

atreidesheir

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

midwayfair

Couple more votes? It's actually tied right now -- mine was a dummy vote so I could see the results.

midwayfair

Mossy sloth has pulled ahead at the last moment! Thanks for voting, guys, the schematic, layouts, and demo will come soon. :)