News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

bypassing the "clip" switch on the Kingslayer

Started by MarkL, June 22, 2013, 02:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkL

I have a Kingslayer board and would like to wire it so that I do NOT need to use the diode selector "clip" switch.  The reason for this is that I would like to wire in only one set of diodes (D4/D5).  How can I wire the board to bypass the "clip" switch and wire in D4/D5 as the only diodes in this position?

(I still plan on using the D2/D3 "soft" clippers, I just don't need the D8/D9 diode option in my build).

oldhousescott

Solder a jumper in between the middle and inner pads for the clip switch.

MarkL

So if I only install one set of clipping diodes, wiring the "clip" switch pads together will just keep those in the signal path?

oldhousescott

For the D4/D5 diodes to be in circuit, the middle/inner pad need to be jumpered together. For the D8/D9 diodes to be in circuit, the middle/outer pads need to be jumpered together. Actually, you could tie all three pads together, as long as you only have D4/D5 installed, it will still work the same.

MarkL

I just looked at the schematic again in light of your comments, and I now understand.  Thanks so much.

smalltownsongs

Quick question here, if I wanted to keep it D4 & D5 only (not put anything in D2, D3, D8, D9) what might I need to do?

Thanks!

oldhousescott

Leave off D2 and D3 and the OD switch. Leave off D8 and D9. Install your favorite flavor of diode in D4 and D5. Jumper the inner and middle pads of the clip switch as noted above.