News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Maestro FSH-1

Started by G.G., January 28, 2011, 04:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.G.

I've been de-bugging a vero build of this for a while but so far no love, so maybe it's time for a PCB. GGG used to have a PCB but it's no longer available, and the Tonepad PCB is listed as "semi-verified" which doesn't really inspire my confidence enough to spend money on it.  :D After seeing vids for the Subdecay Proteus (which has similarities to the FSH-1) I've really been wanting to put one of these together.  Other problems a lot of people have with their FSH-1 DIY builds are LFO ticking and difficulties dialing in usable settings, both of which seem to have been solved in the Proteus. Anyway, without stepping on Subdecay's toes, it would be great to have a FSH-1 project that has some of the functionality kinks already ironed out.

thanks!
Gray

madbean

I'll consider it along with some other Mutron projects. I'd like to build some of them myself, and people still have a lot of interest in them.

G.G.

woohoo! I'm already getting my Paypal account warmed up!!  ;)

night-B

chromesphere

I built the Maestro FSH from..another DIY pedal website.  It had alot of mods which were good, they add some extra functionality to the pedal, but it also confused the controls somewhat, causing the effect to appear 'broken' if the dials aren't in the right place.

That point aside, i love some of the sounds you can get out of it.  With a delay pedal after it, you can get some really spacey stuff.  I'm going to look into doing one of the 2 filter/env madbean pedals.  Definitely an effect type i have overlooked in the past.

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

G.G.

Hey Paul, I watched the video for your FSH-1 build, it came out great, nice job! I really love the Sample & Hold effect.  Not sure how useful it would be in reality but it sounds great  :D

chromesphere

Sorry to dig this up, just wanted to say, sorry G.G. missed your response! 

Thanks for the compliment!  I definitely recommend the LFO and expression / level or whatever you call it, LED as demostrated in the video. They are both quite useful.  I'm a bit of an LFO LED freak.  I just put one on my small clone on the weekend lol

I could imagine using some of the crazy effects from the FSH1 if i was recording, a soft, spacey / tranquil sort of passage in the middle of a song.

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

gtr2

I just watched that video post.  That's a pretty sick effect!   :o

Very cool!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: chromesphere on March 18, 2011, 05:55:56 AM
I could imagine using some of the crazy effects from the FSH1 if i was recording, a soft, spacey / tranquil sort of passage in the middle of a song.

Definitely a cool effect. Some of it I see as almost unusable except for noise and space travel, but seems like a fun recording tool!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Mike @ Rawkworks

+1 to this. finished the Tonepad version today and it works. the controls are defiantly touchy and I thought I messed something up at first. auto wah sounds good, still trying to get a good Sample/Hold sound out of it, and the up/down switch is another thing entirely (for me at least. have to play with all the settings a lot)

all in all tho, makin stompboxes as a whole has been my favorite thing to do ever and without sites like this, i'd be in trouble
Mike
mike@rawkworks.com

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: tyronethebig on March 27, 2011, 07:09:33 AM
+1 to this. finished the Tonepad version today and it works. the controls are defiantly touchy and I thought I messed something up at first. auto wah sounds good, still trying to get a good Sample/Hold sound out of it, and the up/down switch is another thing entirely (for me at least. have to play with all the settings a lot)

all in all tho, makin stompboxes as a whole has been my favorite thing to do ever and without sites like this, i'd be in trouble

+1 Very cool! Did you do an etch?

Mike @ Rawkworks

Absolutely, I'm not very good with perf. And this would be a monster project!
Mike
mike@rawkworks.com

bigmufffuzzwizz

I haven't tried perf yet but I'm really pleased with vero. It's just soo easy. But this would be a huge project none the less

jkokura

I suck at perf. I do, I've tried it so many times. I've never tried Vero, and based on my experience with vero, I don't really want to. I've gotten proficient enough with making a layout in Eagle I don't really need to use Vero though.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

The LED/Level indicator from the demo is totally hip! This thing sounds cool.