News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone going to Gearfest at Sweetwater this weekend?

Started by das234, June 19, 2013, 11:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

das234

Like the subject says, any Madbeaners going to Gearfest at Sweetwater Sound this weekend?

slimtriggers

I'll be there Saturday.  Probably checking out Fountains of Wayne.  May go over Friday, too.  Not sure yet.

jimilee

That's just up the road from me, but I gotta work
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

das234

Quote from: jimilee on June 19, 2013, 11:30:58 PM

Drag.  I'm looking forward to it as usual.

slimtriggers

Quote from: jimilee on June 19, 2013, 11:30:58 PM

That's too bad, man.  This is the first year I've been off for it, so I'm finally gonna check it out.

das234

I've gone the last few years.  Made it a family vacation.  Are you a local then Tod?

slimtriggers

Yeah, they're maybe 3 miles from my house.  Greek fest is also going on this week downtown.  I didn't think anyone came here on vacation.  Usually people can't wait to get out :D

jimilee

Sweetwater has a downtown? I'm maybe 45 minutes south of you in Soddy Daisy
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

slimtriggers

Quote from: jimilee on June 20, 2013, 03:36:44 AM

:D  Almost, the place is huge! 

No, wait,we're talking about Fort Wayne-this Sweetwater.

das234

Quote from: slimtriggers on June 20, 2013, 03:25:46 AM
Yeah, they're maybe 3 miles from my house.  Greek fest is also going on this week downtown.  I didn't think anyone came here on vacation.  Usually people can't wait to get out :D

We come for Gearfest but the kids go to the zoo and stuff.  Is it worth checking out Greek fest too?

jimilee

Quote from: slimtriggers on June 20, 2013, 04:01:14 AM
Quote from: jimilee on June 20, 2013, 03:36:44 AM

:D  Almost, the place is huge! 

No, wait,we're talking about Fort Wayne-this Sweetwater.
Oooohhhhhh I always thought that place was in sweetwater tn,I never really bothered to look it up! Wow am I embarrassed.

slimtriggers

Quote from: das234 on June 20, 2013, 04:05:50 AM
[We come for Gearfest but the kids go to the zoo and stuff.  Is it worth checking out Greek fest too?

I wouldn't go out of my way for it.  There will be some good food, especially if you like Baklava :)

Here's the Gearfest preview for those that have no idea what we're talking about:

das234

Went today.  At then end of the day, Billy Sheehan, Gary Hoey and Terry got together with Terry Bozzio and his GIGANTIC drum set to play an impromtu set.  Nice!

jkokura

heck yeah that sounds awesome!

Terry's an unusual, but very talented drummer. His setup is unbelievable.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals