News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MiniZen (Grindy Feng content)

Started by juansolo, June 19, 2013, 06:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

MiniZen

A Zendrive clone built in a 1590A using GC's Feng Drive PCB (though built here as a stockish Zen) and the quad pot daugther board (underneath). Smashing!

Piss poor line up of the pot labelling by me :(

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jimilee

Beautiful box man!!!! I'd love to hear a sound clip, it's the voice label that intrigues me. How does your man Cleggy get the the deeper air bubbles out of the enviro?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

slimtriggers

Man, that's great!  The Zen Drive is my favorite O/D by far. 

Do you have a link to the quad pot daughter boards or are they your own design?

jimilee

I just noticed that you wired the stomp left to right, rather than right to left presumably because of the input placements.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

spaceboss

Quote from: slimtriggers on June 19, 2013, 07:36:58 PM
Do you have a link to the quad pot daughter boards or are they your own design?

I'm also curious about this.

Cool pedal.

njkke

GrindCustoms

Nice build as usual.... 8)

The quad pot daughter board comes from me, stuff i've sent to Juan and Cleggy in our various trades :)

I did the physical layout and CJ did the magic!

I always forget or pass by ordering these boards when doing my pcb orders....wondering if they're would be interest....if some of you guys want couple one....we could make a small group buy or something like that...

Sorry for the thread hi-jack...
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

pickdropper

Beautiful build.  Super clean.

I've got my board populated for this.  I just need to find time to do the artwork.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

juansolo

Quote from: jimilee on June 19, 2013, 07:25:10 PM
Beautiful box man!!!! I'd love to hear a sound clip, it's the voice label that intrigues me. How does your man Cleggy get the the deeper air bubbles out of the enviro?

We can't envorotex the 1590A's as the threads of the 9mm pots aren't long enough to get through. So they're old school primer/paint/lacquer.

As for the bubbles. The ones that are left at the end get wet sanded and polished out. Get a sanding block, it makes it a lot easier.

Quote from: jimilee on June 19, 2013, 08:13:06 PM
I just noticed that you wired the stomp left to right, rather than right to left presumably because of the input placements.

Mainly because I anchor the LED to it at that side.

juansolo

Quote from: GrindCustoms on June 19, 2013, 09:24:48 PM
Nice build as usual.... 8)

The quad pot daughter board comes from me, stuff i've sent to Juan and Cleggy in our various trades :)

I did the physical layout and CJ did the magic!

Yep, they make it a lot easier. I only buggered up the labelling because I hadn't done one before and didn't have a template to work from.

I also fitted it upside-down and the wrong way around ;) So the pots would have been higher up had I done it properly.